Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

all above try still no wrk..... can please guide thk

HP Recommended

CQ60 laptop:

Hard reset worked for me too. Thanks very much for the help. (Google is your friend).

HP Recommended

I tried the hard reset and now the computer won't startup.Please help

HP Recommended

thanks a ton its working

HP Recommended

Had the same problem...keyboard and trackpad were not functioning.

I would not have believed it, but a 4 year old thread solved my problem

I followed steps 1, 2 and 3 and now am typing (using the keyboard) and also using the trackpad.

This solution is right on it!

Thank you!!!

HP Recommended

Hey All,

Thanks for all the awesome info. Unfortunately I seem to be having the same issues. I have a Presario CQ57, all was absolutely fine until i started loading a few programs for my new job, i suddenly lost keyboard and mouse operation. I have tried uninstalling all programs i put on and it still did not work, then I took out the battery for 60 sec and it started fine, had it going for long enough to install everything i needed, did a scan for viruses with Malware Bytes, found 410 viruses, did a restart to try remove them, PC restarted and BAM, lost keyboard and mouse as well as pc Speed.. It is now slower than an old 19footsak pc.

I have tried all of your steps so far and nothing is working Done the Hard Reset, Done the Repair and tried starting at last know good start but nothing has worked.. please help, I have been battling with this since Friday and am really ready to pull my hair out. I still have no keyboard or mouse access unless it is an extranal mouse and keyboard. Also sometimes it does not startup unless i remove the battery completely for 60 sec

Please tell me you have more suggestions, this laptop is only 1yrs old.... 😞

HP Recommended

HI RavenFeather. If you ran Malware Bytes and removed 410 viruses you might have to do a full system recovery to get your computer working properly again. Some viruses can't be cleaned from the files they infect, and often Antivirus programs simply delete those files from the computer. This can cause all kinds of issues, some of which you seem to be experiencing.

What is the exact model number of your CQ57? What version of Windows is installed?
<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

neither touchpad or keyboard working. Tried the hardreset - no change. Tried the next suggestion with the F8, but with the keyboard not working, no response to that at all. Laptop starts up perfectly and touch pad works to log on, but after that everything dead.

HP Recommended

The hard reset did not work for me.  The light above the touchpad was blue.  I pressed the button between the touchpad and the light and the light turned orange.  I pressed it again and the light turned blue.  Hooray! My keyboard is working again.

HP Recommended

thanks for your time and knowledge - I solved the problems by replacing the battery - everything works fine now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.