Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the HP Pavilion g6-1000sa Notebook PC 2011

Sometimes when I am typing an essay or typing very fast I must press something or something happens and the keyboard all of a sudden goes crazy and key change. Its hard to explain but when it happens I could press "s" for instance and it will open up a new browser or i could press "w" and it will shut the browser i could press "g" and it will type "g" some letters are fine but some do random crazy things. Those keys don't actually do those things I was just making examples.

I hope you understand that it is quite complicated to express. 

Help please!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.

1) Go to device manager then uninstall the driver for keyboard restart the unit and have it checked.

2) Please update the Bios on the unit from HP Website.

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Never worked 😞 It still does it sometimes 

HP Recommended
Hi,
my Hp G60 notebook has just stoped charging. It responds to charger plug in but shows not charging. The battery goes off on power failure. What do I do pls.
HP Recommended
Hi
On same Hp G60
Some keys on the keyboard stopped working too, what do I do. The keys may work on multy press at times and stop. Pls help
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.