Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I bought my laptop about 6 weeks ago and this has been a problem since day 1.

I tried to chat with online suppot but the chap did not help me.

When I type, every now and then the cursor freezes and - whilst it has frozen - the subsequent letters i type do not appear. Then it will unfreeze and the letters will continue as i type.

This happens randomly and sporadically. It doesn't matter if I am typing fast or slowly, it still happens.

As a result - say I were to type the line 'I went for a walk in the rain. I saw a black dog. I waved and said hello....'

It might appear something like: 'I went for a walk in the rin. Iaw a black dog. Iwaved andsaid hllo....'

As ilook up at the screen i see that what i intended to type has not appeared. Very frustrating and it is becoming time consuming with work and emails as i have to constantly correct.

It is also an issue whilst entering passwords. ********* etc.

Just wondering if someone can suggest help / a fix for this issue???

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello JoeyR,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

With the keyboard freezing, and missing letters that you type. I would suggest the following document 'Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 😎'. The part of the document that you will want to complete are Pressing keys does noting (keyboard is not working), and Key presses are slow to respond.

Please let me know the outcome of the troubleshooting.

Thank you. Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

This problem has come up on my HP Pavilion that I got yesterday. The attached document is now 404. Any advice on how to troubleshoot?

I am also having an issue with my touchpad. It zooms a lot when I need to click & pull. It also has lost the ability to two finger scroll when reading anything.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.