Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 g1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

Hope this is the right place for asking about this:

2 of the lights on my laptop keyboard Stuck with the orange light and i can't change it anymore for some reason (like i used to). By pressing on them (with the Fn key ofcourse) they work but the orange light dosn't change anymore.

The keys are F8 and the Mute-sound key. Caps Lock and Num lock works fine.

How can I fix this and why it happened suddenly?

Thank you,waiting.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Please download the drivers from the below link and reinstall:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405166&swItemId=ob_135423_1&swEnvOid=415...

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

reinstall the driver but the problem still exists (still got orange light with no change).

But i noticed that i get a message every time i restart my computer which says:

"TryMenu.exe

Error: "h" is not a valid key

The current thread will exit."

What to do? This is a common problem?

(Maybe it dosn't have any connection to my problem, just thought it's important to mention that)

Thank you very much,waiting. 

HP Recommended
Full message here: "Error: "h" is not a valid key name. Line# ---> 007: Hotkey, %mwt_Hotkey%,mwt_Minimize The current thread will exit " Would like to know if it has any connection to the problem and generally what to do to fix the orange-light-stuck problem. Thanks
HP Recommended

Error: "h" is not a valid kei name The current thread will exit. Line #

055: Hotky, %mvt_Hotkey%, mWt_minimize

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.