Question

Honor Student
mentalxfiction
Message 1 of 3 (1,374 Views)

Keyboard replacement for HP ENVY 6 Sleekbook

[ Edited ]

Before we start, I'm not sure what the product number is exactly because I don't have my laptop with me.

Secondly, why isn't the ENVY 6 anywhere on the entire website? I know that it is relatively new so it definitely isn't obsolete or anything.

I haven't been able to troubleshoot anything, and when I go to technical support, the laptop isn't even listed under the HP ENVY series.

Moving on to the laptop itself, my sibling dropped ice cream on the keyboard, and though I was able to salvage the laptop (motherboard and hard-drive), the keyboard is pretty much fried. I know I can't use my warranty for any spills, but I was hoping to order a keyboard so that I could replace it, however, there is nothing for the ENVY 6 Sleekbook on the parts website.

I was planning on calling HP and ordering a keyboard, but I was really hoping to know what I could do because hey, I'm paying for the part. It definitely isn't my fault if they don't have the part and I can't afford to buy a new laptop. I need the laptop for university and it's inconvenient enough to have to wait 15-20 business days for the part to get here, and that completely depends on whether they have it or not. So again, is there anything I can do if they end up not having the part?

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 3 (1,347 Views)

Re: Keyboard replacement for HP ENVY 6 Sleekbook

mentalxfiction wrote:

Before we start, I'm not sure what the product number is exactly because I don't have my laptop with me.

Secondly, why isn't the ENVY 6 anywhere on the entire website? I know that it is relatively new so it definitely isn't obsolete or anything.

I haven't been able to troubleshoot anything, and when I go to technical support, the laptop isn't even listed under the HP ENVY series.

Moving on to the laptop itself, my sibling dropped ice cream on the keyboard, and though I was able to salvage the laptop (motherboard and hard-drive), the keyboard is pretty much fried. I know I can't use my warranty for any spills, but I was hoping to order a keyboard so that I could replace it, however, there is nothing for the ENVY 6 Sleekbook on the parts website.

I was planning on calling HP and ordering a keyboard, but I was really hoping to know what I could do because hey, I'm paying for the part. It definitely isn't my fault if they don't have the part and I can't afford to buy a new laptop. I need the laptop for university and it's inconvenient enough to have to wait 15-20 business days for the part to get here, and that completely depends on whether they have it or not. So again, is there anything I can do if they end up not having the part?

You need the product number in order for us to be able to locate the correct part for your notebook.

The part will be available somewhere, be it through HP Parts Store or a third party.

Honor Student
mentalxfiction
Message 3 of 3 (1,327 Views)

Re: Keyboard replacement for HP ENVY 6 Sleekbook

Thanks so much for replying so fast.

The model is 6-1090ee (there's also another number at the bottom labeled as 'product'. Do I need that?)

The guys I sent it to found a replacement, but the keyboard is a tad expensive, more than we imagined. It cost us about 180 dollars. Would that be around the actual price for the keyboard?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation