Question

Top Student
dencild
Message 1 of 2 (318 Views)

Killer N 1202 Wireless card upgrade in M6-1035dx

Hello. I upgraded my wireless chip in my m6-1035dx from the single band 1x1 9485 atheros to a killer wireless n 1202 2x2 dual band mimo card (integrated bluetooth) successfully. it works despite the whitelock, thank God. I have one problem though,  since then the wifi light stays orange even though i'm getting wireless. the wifi button still functions it cuts the wifi on and off as it should but when i turn on the wifi the l.e.d stays orange.

Update: I reinstalled the driver for the kiler n 1202 and the blue light came back on but only for about 30 seconds and then cuts back off.  Read alot of forthe m6-1035dx and the folks talked about wireless assistant but i can't find a compatible one for my system. i also tried the connection manager but that didint work.

Grad Student
Futureperfect
Message 2 of 2 (282 Views)

Re: Killer N 1202 Wireless card upgrade in M6-1035dx

OoOo, nice one.

I can tell you that your notebook doesn't have a whitelock which is why it functioned without issue.

I would suggest downloading HP On-Screen Display Utility to see if it's a communication issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-106851-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

If installed uninstall the HP Wireless Assistant & HP Connection Manager as they may not be comp. with your new wireless card. To re-install all you would need to is grab them from the Recovery Manger.

Give those a shot and let us know the results.

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation