Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have HP G60-530US.

I read all the posts that talked about updating the BIOS and then doing a hard reset by taking the power cable out and talking out the battery out and then either hitting the power button for 1 minute or just leave the computer for several minutes. 

Many people seems to have solved their problems.  Not me.

I updated the BIOS and also did the hard reset like 10 times.  What other options are there?

I have Windows 7-64bit.  This problem occured after I did the 4/11/13 or 4/12/13 windows updates.

The power button, wifi button and the mouse on/off buttons are the only ones that seems to be working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go back into Device Manager, right click the device and select Uninstall - when this has completed, restart the notebook.

Any change?

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following, however if you find that tapping the esc key etc at start-up has no effect, then this may well be a hardware issue, so let me know if your notebook is still under warranty - you can check your warranty status Here.

Shut down the notebook.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to see if this will launch the Start-up Menu and if it does, select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
My laptop is not under warranty.

I did hit ESC and went into the BIOS and did the "load the defaults"

Still no luck.

Any other ideas?
HP Recommended
I went into Windows Device Manager and found out that both keyboard and mouse had yellow exclamation point on it. I tried right clicking and doing the "update driver" but the error message it shows up is "The device cannot start. (Code 10)"
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go back into Device Manager, right click the device and select Uninstall - when this has completed, restart the notebook.

Any change?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Solved!

Instead of uninstalling, I went to HP support and download and reinstalled the mouse and keyboard driver.  That fixed the problem. 

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and good to hear you've got it working :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Hello
I had the same problem of Code 10 and keyboard and touchpad aren't working... So I am asking what shall I do after uninstall ...as that it would be completely removed from the laptop ....
Thank you
HP Recommended

How do i go about updating my BIOS because my computer is password locked.  I can't get in to update it

HP Recommended

plz i have same problem put how could i go to device manger while l keyboard and mouse dont work ?? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.