Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have HP 4510S last 3 years today suddenly it showing green colors from starting(hp logo) i have extended warranty for 2 yeas it will expire November 30 2012 what might be the problem 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If the colors are weird it is either likely a bad screen cable or more likely a bad display panel that needs to be replaced. Can you change the colors by adjusting the position of the screen? Does it have a uniform green tint or are colors just "off"? Does the tint, if any, go away when the machine warms up? Lastly, does it display correctly to an external monitor? If the output to an external monitor is off, it is a more serious problem with the motherboard/video card (same thing on a laptop).

HP Recommended
I too have this same problem, but my laptop is HP Pavillion dv7. I was playing a video game for a couple of hours then the screen went green. It returns to normal every once in a while, but the screen continues to turn back to green that bleeds through whatever is open.
HP Recommended

Hello ls2624,

I understand your screen turns green periodically, is that correct?  I will do all I can to assist you with this issue.

First, let’s load the computer into the setup screen. Now what is nice about this is the computer is using very minimum drivers in this environment. It takes out a lot of factors that the operating system or other programs might use.

1.       Shut down the computer, and locate the F10 key.

2.       When you turn the computer on tap the F10 key immediately.

3.       If successful you should see the bios setup screen.

4.       Let the computer sit on the screen for a few minutes to see if the color appears.

5.       After some time go to diagnostic across the top. (Note you have to use the arrow keys to navigate around)  

6.       Once on diagnostic run the test it shows and please have your AC adapter plugged.

If I have been helpful or if you'd like to say thank you for me trying to help, click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. I really appreciate it.

Please respond at your earliest convenience with your testing results.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

I just purchased a brand new HP Pavillion 23.  Not just youtube it is all the video even on other sites, facebook too.  I am so aggreivated.  I am trying to home school and I need the videos.  Help!

HP Recommended

i have this exact same problem! i dont lnow what to do, i have only had my laptop a couple weeks!

HP Recommended

My screen has green dots even in Bios

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.