Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a really really old hp laptop but I need some cash and my friend was ready to buy it for $100 now, I gave it to my uncle and he used it for 3 years without a single problem and I just get it from him and it stops working. The thing is it worked nice but now when i plug in the charger theres a continuous beeping sound coming if i plug it in, if its unplugged theres no beeping. I thought the charger was faulty and luckily have a spare but the other 1 doesnt work either any solutions i really need the cash. Also tried it turning on without battery nothing happened

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can relate the beeps codes generated on your system using the below link

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

My laptop is not producing the beep codes or led codes. My laptop power ADAPTER is making a beeping sound when plugged in and my laptop is not receiving power or charging when I use my other power adapter. It is not turning on even with the battery removed. Why would you send me that link it is of absolute no use since in my original post I have written that my laptop does not get power even if I have gone through 4 laptop chargers. Please reply with a solution not useless junk

HP Recommended

Hi,

Since you had mentioned you are getting beeping sound when pluged in, taught you are getting it from the notebook. So now since you have mentioned that the laptop is not powering ON after using different power adapters you can try the below steps:-

Can you remove the RAM, HDD and Optical Drive, then connect the working power adapter & check if the notebook turn ON or not.

If the system turn ON, then connect one by one and check when the system does not turn ON after connecting the parts.

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.