Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion dv6000 and the same thing happened to me.  I tried the credit card trick, i tried prying the batt case, none of these worked.  What worked for me was I accidentally pried off the slider duhicky.  Down inside the slide grove was an actuator(release) knob.  I used a small srewdriver to move the knob to the right and my battery popped right out.  What happening is the slider duhicky jumps to the right of the release knob in down the slot and the slider actually impedes the movement of the release knob.  I put the slider duhicky back in the slot, but to the left of the release knob and it works fine now.  By the way, I needed to replace my battery after all that.

HP Recommended
Had the same issue-- have HP dv7. Here is what I did.

IF BATTERY LATCH IS NORMAL POSITION:
Gently pry the battery release latch out. Do it from the top or bottom, not left/right. You will see a backwards L shaped hole. Use a star shaped screw driver and gentle wedge it in the hole-- lift the inside part UP (pushing down on screwdriver handle) and at the same time slide towards the battery symbol. --once I got my apart I noticed the prongs that hold it in we're hitting the side of its hole it rests on when locked. By using leverage on the latch upwards it freed it up.

IF BATTERY LATCH IS STUCK IN OPEN POSITION (means you can't see the battery symbol) try this:
Most batteries are latch on the side where the slider latch is-- using this side-- start on the far right side and insert a thin object such as a paring knife-- credit card may only work if you angle it using the tip. Be careful not to hurt yourself if using a sharp object. So-- insert object at the far right with gentle pressure if you feel resistance slide your object to the left until you feel the object go deeper-- once you find the hole steady your object and "fish" around for the latch. You can then slide the latch to the right with your object. If you're successful you'll see the battery latch move and may here a clicking noise. If you don't want to fish for the latch try measuring 1 1/2 inches from the outside of battery and insert your prying object there. (I measured mine) don't try to use the battery latch. Go to the top of this and read how I opened mine.

I hadn't used this laptop for a while and there was dust and debri around the battery. After I got the battery out I blew air in to clean it out and manually operated the latch back and forth multiple times to free up any gunk on the inside. It made a crunchy noise which is probably the cause of latch getting stuck. Hope this makes some sense or guides you in the right direction. I DO NOT RECOMMEND PRYING THE BATTERY OUT. Your latches in the inside ate just hitting and you could snap them off by prying.
HP Recommended

Hello!

I've THE SAME PROBLEM in my laptop g6-2162se,i remove it when i playing and in the last time it won't getout:smileysad:.

so please anyone can help?

HP Recommended

my battery in the back of the computer seems to be stuck.  How can I remove it?

HP Recommended

Hi Travelor,

I understand you are having issue with your battery on your HP Pavilion g6-2162se Notebook. Follow the steps in this section to remove the battery.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03605062

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Seriously Mrstenter, that's your solution? 

People explain that their latch is simply stucked, and you say "Push it gently and it will release the battery"... that's just insane.  How people couldn't already have thought about that?

The darn latch is STUCKED.  It doesn't move.  Hopefully for me, the latch is stucked "opened".  So if i raise the laptop, the battery just stay on the table... absolutely a brillant design. 

I've seen so much comments on the net about this problem with HP, i wonder why i'm even commenting here

HP Recommended

I have a dv6500 laptop.  The battery was stuck.  Release switch was stuck all the way to the left.  I used three plastic cards.  One card under the left lower corner groove of the battery.  I just wedged it in there, because the battery gives a little.  One card under the right lower corner groove of the battery.  A third card wedged in the groove on top side of the battery.  Just try to wedge the cards in there.  The card on TOP side of battery was the kicker.  I just pushed down on the battery, with a little effort and the battery just popped out.  YAAAAAAY!  Someone else in this thread suggested it.  It worked.  I hope this helps someone.  :Wink:

HP Recommended

marseim

I encountered the same problem. Your idea worked for me with 3 phone card expired. Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Mrstenter your answer is insulting. My suggestion is to get more training. The credit cards work.

HP Recommended

On mine the slide was stuck all the way to the left - i.e. the 'release' position.   Battery was in so tight I could not even get a credit card in any of the cracks.  What I did was with the laptop upside down, get a knife to slide in the middle of the top of the battery, and pry enough to get a credit card in there.   I needed a knife to exert sufficient pressure to deform the casing; a credit card was not stiff enough to open the gap.  Once I had the card in I withrdrew the knife and by leveraging the card the lower edge of the battery raised slightly above the  bottom of the laptop base where the cover for the RAM is.  With that part of the battery exposed opposite where I had the card inserted, I could put a flat blade screwdriver against it in the middle.  By pushing out/prying up with the screwdriver and simultaneously prying with the credit card, I got the battery to pop out.  

The key seems to be prying with the card to enough deform the laptop case so the  four tabs built into the battery case are at least somewhat freed from the laptop case, and by pushing/prying with the screwdriver to force the front of the battery up and out.   This takes some pressure,  so you have to be prepared to really force it out of there; be acreful with your tools.  Once the battery was out the release slide popped back to the 'locked' position where it should be.   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.