Question

Teacher
X_Xeroid
Message 1 of 26 (6,180 Views)
Accepted Solution

Left Mouse Button

HP Pavilion dv4 - 1125nr Entertainment Notebook PC. I am having a problem with my left mouse button. It seems to work all the time, but the metal cover over it seems loose. In fact you can actually make it rattle by tapping on it. Has anyone had this problem? Does it need a new switch or could something be loose? PC is about 18 mos. old and hasn't had a lot of use. I am afraid it will suddenly quit working altogether.

Top Student
DileepPC
Message 2 of 26 (6,154 Views)

Re: Left Mouse Button

it is the same scenario in my case as well.

exactly problem as u mentioned but within 13 months itself,DV4 1211tu

even i taken care by using external mouse,still it is damaged.

Honor Student
jacobloiselle
Message 3 of 26 (6,103 Views)

Hello,

i have experience the same problem in under a year of having my hp pavilion dv6 I'm thinking it might be the clips underneath of it, I'm hoping to go to a store such as best buy to have a look at the track pad so i don't void the warranty. If that doesnt work i am personally calling hp, this problem is bother some to me seeing as under a year my mouse is broken though still temporally works i have no clue of long term usage i will hopefully reply with results and if all else fails I'm going usb.

Regards Jacob,

Teacher
X_Xeroid
Message 4 of 26 (6,098 Views)

Thanks for the response. I haven't had time to work on mine lately.  I look forward to hearing from you as to the outcome of our problems.

Top Student
DileepPC
Message 5 of 26 (6,008 Views)

Hi,

To fix this problem, do i have to replace with a new button or or just loose contact of button. can someone answer.

I am running out of warranty, there was a sign of this problem before my warranty expires, I though this is only just a normal behavior.I completely started using with usb!!!!

Teacher
X_Xeroid
Message 6 of 26 (5,993 Views)

DileepPC: I still haven't resolved the problem in my PC. The first time it happened HP replaced the top bezel, but after 6 months it re- appeared. If your PC is still under warranty, I think I would make HP repair it. It sounds like it may be a rather involved job.

Student
Frase
Message 7 of 26 (5,719 Views)

The left mouse button on my Dv6 became wobbly after a few months and has got progressively worse. It's becoming unusable. Added to that the silver paint has worn off any button that gets regular use. Laptop is just over a year old, can't imagine what three years fairly regular use will make it look like. Probably the poorest build quality of any laptop I've ever owned, I won't be buying another HP.

Meantime I am not certain how easy it will be to replace the mouse button, anyone had any luck with that?

Fraser.

Teacher
X_Xeroid
Message 8 of 26 (5,703 Views)

Frase:  I am still having the problem, however it hasn't gotten any worse. I don't think HP will do anything about it after the warranty has run out , even though they should because of the repetition of the problem and the amount of customers experiencing it.

Honor Student
justfairb
Message 9 of 26 (5,382 Views)

I have the same problem, this is a joke, we bought 3 of these for our company as we knew they had a reputation for build quality, and after 13 months of light usage this has happened?

It hasn't happened to the other 2 that I know about, but am very dissapointed!!

Does anyone know where I can get this fixed?

Honor Student
christianrance
Message 10 of 26 (4,448 Views)

Same here on my Pavillion dv9. this is clearly a defect in the product. any fixes hp? or you you going to leave us in the dark.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation