Question

Student
vladiosky
Message 1 of 2 (137 Views)

Lid close switch

One of my son's friends slammed my Pavilion dv5000 lid closed with a newspaper at the left hinge which broke it. I've since replaced the hinge but had to replace the back screen cover too. Now when I close the lid the computer stays on. I did find a post asking where the sensor is with an answer of "at the hinge". I don't recall seeing any type of switch or sensor on either hinge. Anyone have info on exactly where this is or a diagram showing it's location? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 2 (93 Views)

Re: Lid close switch

Hello vladiosky,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay!

I understand the computer does not sleep after the lid is closed, since it was slammed. I've look at this computer and I haven't been able to locate any obvious sensors in any hinges. I would call HP directly and see what they suggest. They might want to service the computer. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation