Question

Honor Student
thepalsrus
Message 1 of 7 (6,967 Views)

Lightscribe Communication error - Nero - DVD1070i

I just purchased a new HP DVD1070i drive and installed it without issue. 

It Burns and reads CDs without issue, but gets an error "Print process failed. A communication error has occurred with the LightScribe drive."

It shows up after it says prepairing to print and gets to 40% fairly quickly and then pauses 2 seconds then shows the error message.

So far I have tried moving the drive to a different port

Removing my other drives except for the HP 1070i drive and my HD with the OS on it.

Removing and purging both Nero and the lightscrive host software and reinstalling.

Tried Nero 9, 7 and Surething lable writer with the same issue for each

Removed all Virtual drive software.  (i.e. PowerISO, daemon tools) No change

Tried talking nice to it and putting happy Discs into it.  No change

Tried yelling at it. No change

Tried ignoring it.  No change

Running out of ideas. Please help!!

MB: Asus SK8V

Mem: 2GB

Vid: Radeon 1650XT

HD: 500GB

thepalsrus
Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 7 (6,958 Views)

Re: Lightscribe Communication error - Nero - DVD1070i

Install the latest Lightscribe System Software  from the site:

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
thepalsrus
Message 3 of 7 (6,952 Views)

Sorry, forgot to add that in the initial statement.  I installed latest lightscribe update as well. 

Also tried disabling all the startup programs to see if one of them were interfearing.  No change.

thepalsrus
Master's Graduate
frprinterwiz
Message 4 of 7 (6,862 Views)

Try using the lightscribe template software for burning the image, I couldn't get mine to work in any of the other software applications but the template program direct from the lightscribe website worked ok for what I needed.
insert signature here
Honor Student
thepalsrus
Message 5 of 7 (6,859 Views)

I tired that as well.  No luck.  I did try the drive in my wifes computer which has a newer motherboard and there was no issue.  I think it is not compatible with the Asus SK8V motherboard SATA controller.  Strange.
thepalsrus
Student
NoelleLadD
Message 6 of 7 (6,304 Views)

Do you have any new info on making your drive work with Nero 7 - I have one installed on my computer and can't get past the first screen w/o an error message.  I have tried ALL of the above solutions and still no cooperation - yelling really doesn't help.

Help - - Anyone ? ? ?

Student
Homert
Message 7 of 7 (4,208 Views)

Was this problem resolved?  If so how?  I just purchased the HP dvd 1170e with lightscribe and everything works fine except the burning of the lable never seem to be completed.  I see the image, but it is only about 50 % complete.  After it goes throught the entire burning it indicates that there was a communication problem with the burner. 

Resolutions anyone?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation