Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Recieved some newer Probook 6475b laptops. Had to replace a M/B. The DMIFIT utility would not work and the MPM locked. Message follows.

"mpm is not unlocked. will not be able to set bios settings"

Well...

Good luck getting to somebody who will help you get that unlocked. I spent a lot of time on the phone and never got the problem resolved.

P.S. this thread has been moved from Business Support Web Site to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I was on the phone with tech support as well.  Eventually I was sent a file, "SMC.bin".  Which needs to be placed on a flash drive.  When the flash drive is in the port, reboot following the instructions that Tech Support sends along with the file.  After that, it will be unlocked and you can set the SN, PN, and so on.

However, regardless of how many times I unlock the MPM and recommitt the system board info, I always get the following error, "WARNING! - Machine is not in a committed state".

I have been on the phone for two afternoons now with no resolution in sight.  I don't think they have an answer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.