Question

Student
HarleyJustice
Message 1 of 2 (179 Views)

Major system failure 1 year old laptop

I have a 1 year old HP Pavillion G6 laptop that is fried. I am hoping to figure out what I need to get repaired.<br>I cannot get into windows. I can acess the BIOS, and when I run a system check, the hard drive test fails, and the processor test says "missing module".<br>This is a pretty new laptop so I am rather confused. Never once dropped it, took great care.<br><br>System info:<br>HP Pavilion G6<br>System id 1849<br>Product id c9g71ua#aba<br>2.7 ghz<br>4096 mb ram<br>Serial 5cd24567n4<br><br>Any help here would be greatly appreciated. My computer is my life and without it I am lost.<br>
HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 2 (152 Views)

Re: Major system failure 1 year old laptop

Hi HarleyJustice,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I grasp that you are able to enter the bios and the hard drive test failed and the memory was not found.  Here is a link to a document to assist with that issue. Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.

The hard drive test failed, so you will likely need to replace it. 

If you  provide me the exact model of pavilion G6 you have I will look for a manual for you. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation