Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi,

When I run system diagnostic tool-Memory Test in extensive mode, I receive an eror message which basically says that test failed 

Failure ID: PLNK3S-68M74C-PXGB1F-403T03

What does this failure ID refer to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If it is under warranty call HP and they will send you a replacement memory module. At least they may instead of asking you to send it in.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

It means there are parts of the memory not working. Data cannot be written to or read from some segment of the memory and it is a bad thing. I would run a program called memtest86. It will isolate which of the modules is bad and the problem can be fixed by replacing the bad memory. 

The program is free and can be downloaded here:

http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

If you need help let us know. 

HP Recommended

Thanks man, I ran the test and it says that it found 990 erors, but  the problem is that my pc runs normally, I don't have any issues. The only concern I have is that my laptop is fairly new, and this happend.

HP Recommended

If it is under warranty call HP and they will send you a replacement memory module. At least they may instead of asking you to send it in.

HP Recommended
memory test is failed with error

98DPS2-69R8NM-MFPX0K-W04F03

what should i do to fix it. ??
HP Recommended

Replace the bad memory module. But please start your own thread. We will need model number of the laptop. In the meantime run memtest86, not just the HP diagnostic, to isolate the bad module. This is assuming you have more than one, which we can tell if we had the model number. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.