Memory test failure, repetitive BlueScreen (112 Views)
Student
ElizabethBecker
Message 1 of 3 (112 Views)

Memory test failure, repetitive BlueScreen

Computer very suddenly started giving me a BlueScreen error and restarting.

After two of these errors I brought it to a local computer repair shop, the man working told me it had been a problem with a USB port and was now fixed.

Upon arriving home from my rather quick visit my computer continued to act much the same as it had been before.

I ran a test fromt he startup disgnostics menu and the computer passed most tests, however it failed the Memory test. I have no idea what this means or what is wrong. 

The product ID is: B2PUA#ABL 

The error code i recieved was: 9LG6TH-65770F-QFPK0J-401303

Please help, I know very little about computers and need to know how much if any I need to pay to fix this problem ASAP.

Tutor
DingL
Message 2 of 3 (102 Views)

Re: Memory test failure, repetitive BlueScreen

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble, it could be memory failure according to your description.

Please call HP sevice center, call# is in below link.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

I work for HP
Teacher
Komdiv
Message 3 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: Memory test failure, repetitive BlueScreen

[ Edited ]

Sounds like one of the RAM (memory) modules is failing.

If the laptop is still covered by HP warranty, you should call HP and setup warranty repair.

If the laptop is not covered, you'll have to figure out which RAM module is failing and replace it with a new one.

What is your laptop model? HP Pavilion ???

I'll try to find a service manual or disassembly instructions for you so you can replace the RAM module.

The product ID you provided doesn't refer to any particular model.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation