Question

Student
AmandaWebster
Message 1 of 1 (1,875 Views)

MiNi 2140 with 6980 WiFi Printer

I just purchased an HP mini 2140 netbook/notebook.  I already owned an HP 6980 WiFi printer.  The HP mini 2140 does NOT have a CD/DVD drive, so i downloaded the HP 6980 WiFi printer drivers from hp.com; both the basic driver package and the full driver package.  I have run both the driver install packages only to get the same error message:  "The screen resolution on this computer is set below the minimum required screen resolution for this software. The installation can not continue until this is resolved.  Current Setting: 1024x576  Minimum: 800x600".  Well, when you open the display properties on the HP mini 2140 you can NOT change the screen resolution to obtain the minimum x600.

Any ideas?

~ Amanda Webster [ amandawebster@hotmail.com ]

p.s. Besides this little hick-up, so far i love my new HP mini 2140 and my old HP 6980 WiFi printer has been working flawless for years on my home wifi network with both a gateway laptop, hp laptop, dell laptop, and two sony vaio's.  I would recommend the HP mini 2140 to a friend looking for a netbook/mini-notebook.  I purchased mine brand new from Buy.com for $399 shipped (no sales tax).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation