Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi. I purchased the HP mini 311-1011TU.

It too has the N280 atom processor and comes with 1 gig ram. Running the program SIW showed that the current 1 gig ram has a clock speed of 1066 Mhz.  I'm just want to check with you whether you have been successful in adding the 1333mhz ram into your HP mini. 

And can anyone tell me whether there will be any problem if I do mix 1333mhz ram with my current 1066mhz ram?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

HP Recommended

Hi BlueBook,

Since my mini 311c is N270 based, unfortunately, I have no answer to your question.

• Try CPU-Z to obtain more information on the RAM speed

and / or

• Ask the hp support for help 

Good luck :generic:

--- rei_vilo
HP Recommended

@bluebook,

Hi,

If You will buy 1333MHz Ram and You will use it with 1066MHz then both will be working as 1066MHz. We may say then it doesn't make sense.

So You've got two possiblities:

• sell Ram with 1066MHz and get only 1333Hz
  • leave this what You have now and get to it next 1066Hz one
  • stay with 1066MHz and get 1333MHz. Both will be working as 1066MHz

You may have 3 GB max. Check specifications for Your model here.

All informations about memories for mini 311 You may find on this Crucial site.

You may even buy there Ram for Your model like re_vilo did. There are now promotion prices. Smiley Happy

@rei_vilo,

Hi,

@rei_vilo wrote:

The same support which told You then You can have 1 GB Ram max right? Smiley Wink

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi. Firstly, thanks for all the replies.

Actually my post was the result of a stupid mix up on the hardware shop's part. They printed on their receipt that the ram was "Kingston DDR3 PC1066/1333Mhz 2GH Notebook" so I thought I have bought 1333Mhz ram when my hp mini's onboard ram is running at 1066mhz. Got me worried so I went to google the ram (part number "M25664H70") fearing that I may have bought the wrong ram and just to be safe posted a question about mixing the ram. But it turns out that the ram I bought runs at 1066mhz so all is well.

I added the ram into my hp mini a while ago. Whole process went smoothly and so far its running fine. I'm not sure whether its a psychological effect but it seems that it doesn't lag as much especially when I open up multiple tabs in chrome.

Anyway again thanks for the quick replies. Really appreciate it.

HP Recommended

Btw its always good to know that it may be ok to mix the ram. Thanks Daniel.

HP Recommended

Your welcome. 🙂

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
@Daniel,

Daniel_Potyrala wrote:  

@rei_vilo wrote:

The same support which told You then You can have 1 GB Ram max right? 😉

Yes, I think the more we ask and the more often we ask, the highest chance we have to obtain a valid answer from hp. :Wink: It's called "quality support" and used to be the biggest asset of hp.

Back to business, does Microsoft allow cheap Windows XP licence for a netbook featuring more than 1 GB RAM?

Best regards, :generic:

--- rei_vilo
HP Recommended

I have received a ram sodimm from a macbook (PC3-8500S, specs checked out before I bought it) and the mini won't boot at all. The caps lock key led is blinking and system won't post. Darn, I thought this memory would work. Any last suggestions here?

The sticker on the ram module has the number HMT112S6BFR6C-G7, typing it in google reveals this site:
http://www.hynix.com/datasheet/eng/module/details/module_20_HMT112S6AFR6C.jsp?menu1=01&menu2=01&menu...

Judging by the data sheet:

HMT112S6BFR6C      x64      1.5V      8K Ref./64ms      G7/H9      x8      Mass production

The speed is G7, which corresponds to
G7 : DDR3-1066 7-7-7

I've got the 311-1000CA model with the N270

HP Recommended

rei_vilo wrote:
Back to business, does Microsoft allow cheap Windows XP licence for a netbook featuring more than 1 GB RAM?

If Your model was without XP system then You can't get recovery CD/DVD from HP. Which is only one solution to get disk with system from HP.

So if You wan't XP You must by retail copy on Your own. There isn't any other option.

@joelones

Hi,

For me it looks then this Ram which You bought is corrupted.

@joelones wrote:
The caps lock key led is blinking and system won't post

How many blinks?

3?

If yes then it's a problem with memory (Module error not functional) and You've got two options:

1. Unmount and mount again Your Ram. (Be sure then when You are doing this without battery and ac adaptor connected.)

2. If 1 solution will not work You must buy other Ram. I recommend Crucial and Kingston.

Sorry for so late answer guys. It was Christmas and New Year time.

HP Recommended

In order to settle this, remove the ram from the socket, leaving only the default 1GB.  Then run CPU-Z, switch to the 'memory' tab, and check the DRAM frequency.  If both N270 and N280 models reply, then we'll know which CPU take which memory.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.