Question

Student
Randy12345
Message 1 of 3 (91 Views)

Mouse is disabled

My mouse pad is diabled. Dont tell me to tap the upper left coner. There is no light and it dosnet work. I have no button anywwere on my keyboard that will fix it. I have a HP Envy Touchsmart 15.

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 3 (68 Views)

Re: Mouse is disabled

Hello Randy12345,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the mouse appears to be disabled. I'll do my best to help! First, we can try to enable it:

1. Go into Device Manager, then "Mice and other pointing devices".

2. RIght-click on the touchpad driver. You might have an option to Enable it. If not, Disable it first, then Enable it.

If that doesn't help, please read this thread for what you need to do to resolve the issue: Right Clicking Issue

Every step in that thread is relevant. Please let me know your outcome. Thanks!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Nobert_01
Message 3 of 3 (62 Views)

Re: Mouse is disabled

Hi,my hp envy 15 had that problem before.I realised the problem started just after installing the chipset driver.Try to roll back the driver using the device manager and restart your laptop.It will be working again and dont reinstall the chipset driver.I hope this will help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation