Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I am also facing the same issue.. Can you please tell me how u resolved it?
HP Recommended

It cannot be fixed. It's a result of a malfunctioning motherboard. There are only work-arounds. Ours is still in daily use but, with an external mouse attached and, it stops working now and then. This laptop, HP 4510s, cannot be used for productive work. It's a toy.

I have deleted Vista and replaced it with XP. The computer performed far better, yet this mouse issue remained unsolved. 

I have removed and reinstalled the Synaptic driver many times, at no avail.  So, I have given up on the internal mouse. 

The external mouse works as it should most of the time. I've tried dozens. Same thing : They all work well.... and then the mouse does not respond at all.  A restart usually revives it.  

This reply is typed on an older HP business laptop, low-end edition. Business laptops are generally more reliable than the laptops intended for the general consumer market. However, HP's gloy days seem to have reached an end...

My experience with HP's laptops, a total of 4 different, is that the battery will last only one year or shorter, likewise with the DVD-player. The replacement parts didn't last long, either. The keys on the keyboard will pop off (this one is the only exception). 

HP 4510s is the only laptop with which we have experienced problems with the mouse. On the good side, it's the only HP laptop in the house that as a working DVD-player.

I have had none of these problems with the 4 different laptops of a different brand.

I have not tried to change from windows OS to another on this one, but I did so on another HP laptop that totally failed to run the operative system it was delivered with: Vista. I replaced it with Linux Mint. So, it may perhaps be that HP 4510s will be able to find the mouse if it's running a Linux distro.  

HP Recommended

Easy to fix.

Remove battery and all the screws under the battery also at the back.

Slide cover backwards remove screws holding keyboard also slide backwards.

Remove mouse cover and metal plate holding mouse pad.

If you don’t understand Google how to strip your notebook.

Now the trick is to spray Electro Kleen over all the connections. Make it wet, you don’t have to dry it.

Do the same to the keyboard and wireless card.

Connect and test before screwing it down.

HP Recommended
as if you are magic. i have the same problem. any time i boot, 'mouse not found press F1to load, F10 to start-up. so can't anybody help? hp technicians be loyal to customers. where are u?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.