Question

Honor Student
lady8714
Message 1 of 3 (172 Views)
Accepted Solution

Mouse pad no longer works on laptop

My HP laptop mouse pad stopped working when it was a little over a year old. The drivers are installed, a plug in mouse works. My tower from HP is over 9 years old & works like a champ but my laptop is horrible. Other than totally replacing the hardwear, is there anything else I can do?

PhD Student
PeerOne
Message 2 of 3 (162 Views)

Re: Mouse pad no longer works on laptop

Short of taking apart and replacing your touchpad is your only choice to get it working. "Mouse pad" odd that it usually is called the Touchpad from what I know.  If you tried uninstall the driver and reinstall and doesn't respond that would be a sing the Touchpad is no longer working. But since we have not history of the usage it could've failed from liquid being spilled on it causing it to fail as well. Otherwise you going to have to take apart the palmrest to get at the touchpad and replace it or some requires you replace the complete plamrest as the Touchpad it part of the Palmrest.

Asking For Help - Some Basic TIPS.
1. What is the P/N?
2. O/S?
3. Give Much Details as to the problem if possible.

Don't PM me if you don't allow PM InReturn.
Honor Student
lady8714
Message 3 of 3 (135 Views)

Re: Mouse pad no longer works on laptop

Thank you for your reply, no liquid has been poured on this laptop, I take very good care of it & when typing, use only the lightest touch. That is what has me so upset, I've taken excellent care of my machine & it still died. I will have to replace the touchpad.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation