Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G6 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The only glitch so far is with the mouse. After I type, the mouse arrow does not move for 3 seconds. I have:

Looked to re-install the driver. It says it's up to date.

Adjusted mouse properties to zero delay (from medium delay) on pointer after typing.

Both of the above should have potentially fixed it, but as it won't let me update the driver, there's little I can do on that count. I also rebooted it after the latter. It made no difference.

Has anyone else had the same problem AND fixed it? Ta! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem.

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 yesterday.

HP Pavilion g6 (I know, older hardware...)

I suspect a driver problem.

Any updates on this problem?

HP Recommended

Hi @btwatts@memark,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is an awesome location  to find answers and suggestions.

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I understand that after upgrading to Windows 10 you  mouse pointer has a delay.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you ran the HP Support Assistant ?

Have you ran the Windows troubleshooter?

Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)  that should help with this difficulty.

If you check the HP Support and Driver Page and there are not Windows 10 drivers listed for the TouchPad or ClickPad then  may wish to try installing the older driver using the compatibility mode to  see if that will help:

Compatibility Mode(from windows10forums)

Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the   Thumbs Up   below.  

Best of Luck!
Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I found the solution that worked for me.  It seems to be related to PalmCheck in Windows 10.

The instructions I found didn't match the screens I see on my machine exactly, but i found this helpful.

http://superuser.com/questions/504571/use-touchpad-while-typing

You have to turn off PalmCheck for your touchpad to work properly again.

I still have one issue in the touchpad that I'm working on, but I feel confident that getting rid of the delay has made my computer much more usable.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Sorry folks none of this is relevant to the laptop I posted and Windows 10. You cannot access Mouse properties as shown on the link. It's just not like that. And it's also not possible to access the registry in Windows 10 like this. So please reply with a more relevant answer that does answer this post. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Got it! This guy has the answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5gZE2_7gJs

HP Recommended

This is the answer!  Thanks very much.  I was ready to go back to Windows 7.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.