Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have an HP laptop.

Model: G72-B6OUS

Serial:  [Personal Information Removed]

When I put a DVD into the laptop it doesn't play.  I tried Windows Media Player, QuikTime and Real Player with no success.

When I go to Device Manager I see Device Status:  Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I tried downloading the device driver and it failed:  HP CDDVDW TS-L633R

How do I fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following the procedure under the sub-heading 'Let me fix it myself' on the link below to remove the Upper and Lower filters and see if this helps the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following the procedure under the sub-heading 'Let me fix it myself' on the link below to remove the Upper and Lower filters and see if this helps the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Fixed...deleted the upper filter and there was not a lower filter to delete.  

Restarted my laptop and now my DVD player works.

THANKS!!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and good to hear it's working :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

This actually works. 

I registed for this forum just to say that becuase I hate it when people leave solutions and you are left wondering if ti really works or not............

My good deed for the day:)

HP Recommended

I have gone through the steps that I found on the forum. When it came to the step to 'Manually fix corrupted registry entries' I could not locate the upperfilters. I would appreciate any help with this.

HP Recommended

my dvd player shows up in device manager and will read a disk with information on it but if i put a blank cd or dvd into the player windows 7 64 bit will not find the player

HP Recommended

Yes mine stopped completely working after the new windows 10 update and nothing worked until i downloaded hp support assistance and after that i jst checked out the program and it has the available updates that you can download from their site and i downloaded the cyberlink media software and it fixed everything they also have the one where u can download to make your own videos, i'm proud to say the hp solutions is the answer to your problems and gl guys.

HP Recommended

Fixing the registry doesnt help at all, jst download hp solutions and check it out and go to their site through it and download cyberlink media software it totally works because after i downloaded windows new update i couldnt play dvds for a long time until i done this and my problems are solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.