Question

Student
Bukola
Message 1 of 5 (4,281 Views)

My HP LAPTOP STOLEN

[ Edited ]

I just joined the forum. I only hope someone would help.

I just lost two HP Pavilion DV6 for me and my Brother. All Have got about the Laptop is the serial Number. Can anything be done?

Please Help. Its just about 3months old

Here are the serial number   [Removed for privacy; please do not post your serial numbers in the forum.] 

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 5 (4,263 Views)

Re: My HP LAPTOP STOLEN

Contact your local Police dept right now, and give them the information about the theft and serial numbers, get a copy of the theft report. They stand a better chance of recovering them than HP. Go to local pawn shops and start looking for the laptops, if you find yours, don't argue with the pawn shop, just call the police. Or you can call Pawn shops on the phone, don't tell them you are looking for a stolen laptop, just ask them what make and models they have for sale, like you are shopping, if you find your make and model, go look at it and try to confirm its yours, (the serial number is in the bios), if it is, contact the police, let them recover it for you.

To enter a bios on a HP, power it down, then power it up and start tapping F10, this should get the bios screen, if this does not work, hold the F10 key down before you hit the power button.

You can also contact HP, about all they can do is hold the PC if it comes in for service, which they rarely do.

Sorry to hear about your stolen property. I hope you recover them soon.

Honor Student
xyz2011
Message 3 of 5 (3,531 Views)

my dv3-2007 hp pavilion laptop got  stolen from home 10days ago. I had a lot of critical data on it.unfortunately, i did not keep a back up. :smileysad: i have already filed a complaint with the police but wanted to know if there is any way in which any of you could help me out! i have the serial number as well as the product number with me. moreover i didnot install any tracking softwares on my laptop! please...im in desperate need of help!! :smileysad:

thanks!!!

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 5 (3,520 Views)

@xyz2011

Not much HP can do for you,but you can start calling pawn shops to see if they recently bought a model like yours, also check craigslist once a day if they have one for your area.

Normally these items get sold sooner or later.

Student
Posoyame
Message 5 of 5 (2,132 Views)

How do I ensure that my laptop is recovered once it is online?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation