Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My laptop is fairly new and I've had this issue since I started using it.

The battery sometimes falls our if the laptop is jerked, and sometimes slowly falls out if left for a while. It seems to stay in place for a bit but not indefinitely?

I'm not sure why anyone else had the same issue?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended
please check the battery latch if it is good or not, if u find broken or stuck.. contact technical support of HP and they will take the unit in for repair if it is under warranty
||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
HP Recommended

How can I tell whether the latch is broken or not?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you please post your complete product name (for example dm4-1234ab). Dm4 is a series of dozens of notebooks.

Using this, I'll try to find you some docs about the battery lock. But a better way to know if something is broken would be to see it directly. If you can do it, do a video of your battery and its lock, and then post it on youtube or somewhere else.

If you cannot, we'll manage to diagnose it by other mean.

Last question : Do you have the problem on your unit since the unboxing?

Regards

I am an HP employee, but I speak on this forum only for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

The model is an HP Pavilion dm4-3011T (beats). The battery slide moves smoothly when the battery is out. But when the battery is in it doesn't lock into the locked position.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my battery falling off/out. VERY aggrivating!! After reading many of the other postings and not being very encouraged of good solutions, I tried BLACK DUCT TAPE.    WORKED PERFECTLY!!!  Tape over the latches so they stay in place then tape over the battery. Don't even notice it and it has not fallen out since. Still think HP should fix the issue but for those of you who want an easy and cheap solution - try Duct Tape!

HP Recommended

You can fix it with Black Duct Tape. Take the Latches first so they don't move then tape over the batter. Works Great!

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem ... i used to love my HP's but i have found out that they don't age well at all... I will follow the duct tape advise and get me a new laptop .... probably not HP.... 

HP Recommended

I am having same problem wth the HP Pavillion I purchased today. I bought this one because the Acer I bought less than a year ago is having battery issues.

However, I have to wonder why something hasn't been done to correct this battery issue before now. I certainly am not happy with the idea of having to take my computer in and leave it for x number of days. I did buy it because I needed it for work and be able to pick up the wifi.

This is most likely the last HP I will purchase.

About the Acer, anyone have one? Another issue I am having with it is that, I have to be sitting on top of the wifi for it to work, if I move computer from that room to another, I lag and even get completely dropped. It is like it needs an antena

to be able to detect the internet. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issues as my batter will not stay in my HP2000 laptop. The latch button is stuck and just not possible to send the laptop in for repair. Next time Ill buy Toshiba after owning them for several years I took a chance with a cheaper more economy model by buying HP. This is not my first HP product but I really was disapointed that the laptop was built no better than the Printers I have purchased. Now dont waste your time calling customer support and that warranty. That warranty will direct you to a third party out of Florida that will tel you its your fault and you voided the $100.00 plus dollar replacement plan you purchased when you bought the laptop.

Now I think I will go with Gorilla Tapa over the battery compartment as its more closer to the original color of the lap top. At meetings and in my travels I will be sure to make sure everyone see's the tape over the battery compartment. I will tell them this is my field notebook lol. I didnt want to get my other laptop damaged as I use it for onlien games.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.