My LAPTOP BATTERY burned my leg... (2741 Views)
Intern
cmetrav
Message 21 of 37 (921 Views)

Re: My LAPTOP BATTERY burned my leg...

Guess not today, Oh well off to surgery guess I will try again in 2 weeks. At least I got an email along with my 6:30 am call. I really would have liked having while recovering but I guess 3 weeks wasn't enough time to get it resolved. The sad part is I sent that info to this Harry guy and responded with we can do it over email. I asked him to try to do it today..... did he respond...... Nope. That is what seems to happen to me every time with them. I asked to be asigned another case manager as he doesn't get back to me. It is now 4:25 pst so I guess he has a few more mins but I know they close at 4:30. Will he make the extra effort is now the question?? Or will he disregaurd my email and voicemail to go home and use his laptop that doesn't burn him. When you spend a lot of time in the hospital it is amazing how much time can fly playing with your laptop.
PhD Student
Gangles
Message 22 of 37 (914 Views)

[ Edited ]

You should have recieved a specific contact number (1-800) to contact your case manager. did you recieve this?

edit: im assuming you did. 4:30 PST? they are still open.

Message Edited by Gangles on 08-21-2009 02:44 PM
Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
Intern
cmetrav
Message 23 of 37 (909 Views)

This was from Harry Jeffrey "8am and 4:30 pm CST. Or we may be able to do it by email if that is our only option. I can email you the questions, you answer them and then I file" the this is directly from him. I did get a number and a code. I sent the email stating email would be good if it happend today at noon pst. CST that would be 2:00 pm. I called at that time... 2:00 pm CST and got voice mail. Left a voice mail to please call me back. before the end of the day as I have surgery sunday. No call no email. I have tried I would like to have my laptop at the hospital but needed the ball rolling before now. Thats why I have been trying for 3 weeks. I have been told they are only available till 4:30 cst. I called yesterday again trying to get through at 2:30 pst but sat on hold for a while before getting disconected to call back and speak with somone in printer case management who toldd me he could do NOTHING, I asked specificaly if he could ask his boss to escalate my case to the right boss. He said that was not possible as there is no boss just a guy who "makes sure I am here on time leave on time take my breaks on time but has nothing to do with any cases ever". His name was JOHN D, Thats all he would give me. I tried the contact us HP email MARK HURD and got nothing but the auto responce. When and if I get out of the hospital I am going to try to get this fixed if my wife can't while I am in.
Intern
cmetrav
Message 24 of 37 (907 Views)

[ Edited ]
So then since you work for them GANGLES tell me my options !! I have the number and wwould have sent it private to you but you don't get pm's. So do you want me to post the number?
Message Edited by cmetrav on 08-21-2009 03:14 PM
Intern
cmetrav
Message 25 of 37 (904 Views)

6:30 am PST thats when you called. I requested afternoon due to my KEMO has me up almost all night and I try to get any rest I can. I am going in for surgery for my Cancer Sunday. That is why I wanted this laptop fixed before surgery. That is why  have been trying for 3 weeks to get it fixed. If I do make it through surgery I would have liked to have this at the hospital while I am recovering. What in the world can you possibly do to make that happen. In my chat last night with support they promised me that I would be speaking with someone else due to the fact that you can't seem to call my home number as requested or call back within the hours I am either awake or not at KEMO. I guess the "TOTAL CARE"LESS group did not pass on any of that info to you. I was also promised a call a 2 weeks ago on Friday between 12-5 on my home phone. That never happened either. At this point I am not sure what to do other then wait to see if I survive and go from there!!!

This email was sent to my "CASE MANAGER" Friday, August 21, 2009 1:52 PM . His responce we can do it by email, I said ok send it to me today  NO RESPONCE

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 26 of 37 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hey, The only thing I can assist you with is any documentation that is publically available. I cannot go any further. I am an end user on the forums with more technical and hp information. Just keep calling the number provided. Someone will answer. They are open for awhile
Message Edited by Gangles on 08-21-2009 03:42 PM
Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
Intern
cmetrav
Message 27 of 37 (907 Views)

[ Edited ]

YEP ONCE AGAIN YOU GUYS AT HP ...YOUR THE BEST>>> GANGLES..... Followed your advice and called my number even though it is after 4:30 CST they told me sorry you have to wait to monday, nope we can not escalate it at all, THANKS HP

I know your just doing your job.... Sending me in another circle

Message Edited by cmetrav on 08-21-2009 03:44 PM
Teacher
susoab1791
Message 28 of 37 (890 Views)

did it burn your legs or just too hot to handle like my laptop heats up too the ram and the cpu and the heat from the battery isnt good either hell every thing

on my laptop heats up....

i say design flaw....not enoughf exausts like the only exaus i have on my laptop is a medum size on hole in the back (only for cpu cooling and problay battery)

and 3 small slots on the bottom ....what good is that if your using it on you lap thier all blocked off so.. the only one that is doing its job is the one in the back witch...its dosent help the computer at all because off the other things heating up..

also the power cord box has a design flaw... heats up like crazy .....i thought it was ment for travel use (i have to wait 5 mins for the box to cool down so it dosent burn a hole in my bag i can hardly touch it for long because its hot....why not put some slots in it for god sake to i can cool down ... make it bigger put a fan in it ....not just surround it in platstic ...even though if the power cord stops working hp replaces it.... (inconvince for every one) just make one that works fine and stays working without breaking or over heating

and are you sure its the battery not a combination of the cpu ram the bettery and other components that heat up......

Intern
cmetrav
Message 29 of 37 (889 Views)

SO Gangles has brought out a great question that I would like to add to this post. At what point is HP accountable when they call them laptops but the manual says don't use in your lap. HP has to sign off all veb=ndor signs and they regularly do when it says laptops and an arrow with therre log. In the comercials with the airport seen you can see a few users with them in there laps. The topic of this room even says (Laptops). So if used in your lap and it burns you when it is a laptop that you purchased to use as a laptop and on there purchasing site says Laptops and other notebooks, which models from HP are truly laptops? Where can I find that info?  I saw my model up there as a laptop... I see all kinds... Laptop & Tablet PCs - HP is the world's #1 provider of notebooks This is from there sight

so that begs the question? IS THIS FALSE ADVERTISING???? Mine burned my leg and from what you can read above they still are not contacting me.

Intern
cmetrav
Message 30 of 37 (891 Views)

[ Edited ]

So this begs the big questrion? Support says 100% my pc is a laptop NOT NOTEBOOK, so this being said I should be able to put it on my laptop like the descrition implies without being burned.

Travis Clark : it is a dv6745us?
Sandip : Could you please elaborate the issue, I did not get you?
Travis Clark : cnf801(%&^*is the serial number
Travis Clark : is it a laptop?
Travis Clark : It looks like a laptop
Travis Clark : I am not sure
Sandip : Okay, let me check.
Travis Clark : somone asked me is that your new laptop I said not sure
Sandip : Could you please provide me the product no.
Travis Clark : dv6745us??
Travis Clark : nm i see the number now
Sandip : Yes, it is a laptop.
Travis Clark : kc300ua#aba
Travis Clark : it is for sure a laptop?
Sandip : And this is a one of the best laptop you have.
Travis Clark : cool ty I was wonderng somone said it was a note book and don't use it as a laptop

Message Edited by cmetrav on 08-21-2009 05:24 PM
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation