Question
My PC is saying Boot Device not found Hard Disk 3FO??/?
Replies (25)

Student
Message 21 of 26 (3,191 Views)

Re: My PC is saying Boot Device not found Hard Disk 3FO??/?

Hello,

Can you explain me what "internal DVD-RW drive or CD drive" is ? I only have those one :

- Optical Disk Drive

- USB CD-ROM

- USB Floppy

- USB Hard Drive

- Notebook Hard Drive

- Notebook Ethernet

- SD Card

I put them in the order I made. Notebook Hard Drive was second before I changed anything, that's all.

I saw someone facing this same issue, reinstalling his Hard Drive with a Windows CD, do you think it might work ?

Student
Message 22 of 26 (2,433 Views)

Same here. My wife's Acer is almost 7 years old and still works great....

Top Student
Message 23 of 26 (2,428 Views)

Hi,

That would be your optical drive as some people refer to it as a DVD-RW or CD-Rom Drive.

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 24 of 26 (2,426 Views)

If it's a bootable CD or an original it would definitely boot and ask you to "Press any key to continue".....good luck!

Student
Message 25 of 26 (1,315 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey, Have u found any solution for the 3F0 error!!! I am experiencing it now... and i have no idea what to do?

I ran the HP test by pressing F2 and then Hard Disk Check but it says : NOT INSTALLED

Sometimes it happens when a blue screen with KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR or CRITICAL_PROCESS_STOPPED appers and then laptop boots or the laptop just hangs up when i am using it...

I keep laptop for some time like 25-30 minutes and then it starts like normal and works fine...

I never know when the issue will happen and this issue popups randomly,,, sometimes laptops works for weeks without showing any error but sometimes it shows a hundred times in a day!

Confused a lot --- Need proper assistance!!!

Note: I have LEGACY BOOT MODE enabled and boot order set as the reply in other threads but still this issue popsup at random times!!!

Plz Help...

Student
Message 26 of 26 (1,017 Views)

How would you connect another laptop to the laptop with an issue if you cant get into windows 8 etc. (and the same screen keeps appearing: "boot device not found...")
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation