Question

Honor Student
lovejonas95
Message 1 of 4 (1,032 Views)
Accepted Solution

My backspace key popped out of my HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook

Yesterday I was typing and as I went to delete something and it just popped out. I put it back but I can't use it that much because it keeps popping out. Is there a replacement or what do I do? 

Tutor
GinnyLeonard
Message 2 of 4 (1,000 Views)

Re: My backspace key popped out of my HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook

If your laptop is still under warranty you can have it sent to an HP repair center. You can call customer service at 800-474-6836. Some models have customer replacable keboards and you can just get the keyboard kit. There are also options for in home service if your model has that option. In home service is not part of the standard warranty so unless you have purchased an extended warranty with that option it will cost extra, but it will save time rather than sending it to a repair center.

If you are no longer under warranty customer service can tell you the cost to have it sent in or the cost to purchase the keyboard kit.

Hope this helps.

I work for HP.
Tutor
HeatherM12
Message 3 of 4 (999 Views)

Thank you for the information, I was able to locate it but the warranty on this computer expired on 8/31/2011: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/WarrantyResults.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=3768...

You have the option of purchasing a new keyboard and I have linked the information for that as well:

http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=35BB0D3936644D838EC7A4A60247E1A2&Searc...

If you have questions and would like to speak to someone you may call 1-800-474-6836 and they can provide you all of your options (sending it into us for repair or purchasing the keyboard, etc).  As well as pricing.

Thank you!

=========================================================
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
lovejonas95
Message 4 of 4 (996 Views)

Thank you for the help! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation