Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I had purchased my laptop 1 year ago and it was running fine
but then after some time the fan started to run constantly even on power saver or when no process is running....
it is draining my battery quickly (for 1.30 hrs)...
can u please help on this problem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Ragas,

If you have followed the document provided above, as well as this resource on Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating without success, please call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I hope this helps!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Ragas,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that the fan on your notebook is running faster than normal, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

Since an overactive fan is a symptom of overheating, I recommend following this document on Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating. This should help slow the speed of your computer's cooling fan.

If the issue persists, please call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

I hope this helps!

Regards 

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended
Thak you sir for your help...
The problem it is showing now is it tells on startup that " Your fan is not working properly. The pc will shutdown in 15 seconds."
What should i do now?
HP Recommended

Hello Ragas,

Thank you for the quick reply!

A common fan error is 90b, which usually follows this line of text: "Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behavior that could result in random shutdown, data loss or possible system damage. The system will shut down in 15 seconds. To prevent shutdown and continue operation, press the Enter key now."

To prevent this error message from appearing again, I recommend following this document on System Fan (90b) error message on startup. This should help treat the cause of the error message.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards :smileyhappy:

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Hello Sir,
I have went through the document and i think the main cause is probably because of the dust so i think i should give it to hp centre for cleaning or servicing.
My laptop was with my sister for one month and because of not cleaning it for months dust have been collected inside
So should i give it to service centre or clean myself..
Thank You
Looking forward to your reply.
HP Recommended

Hello Ragas,

If you have followed the document provided above, as well as this resource on Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating without success, please call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

I hope this helps!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.