Question

Top Student
tonix3
Message 1 of 5 (9,294 Views)

My laptop randomly goes into sleep mode

I'll randomly be on a site or listening to music and then all of a sudden it goes into sleep mode. I'm very aware that it goes to sleep while you've been away from your computer, but it'll go into sleep mode while I'm using the computer. I changed the power setting so that it takes longer to get into sleep mode thinking that would help, but it doesn't. I ignored it at first but it happens more often now and its getting annoying. Sometimes I'll move the mouse pad to wake it back up and it sounds like its going to come back, bit it just goes to sleep again. Its really annoying and frustrating and I don't know what's wrong with it. Anyone have any idea what's wrong with it and how to fix it? My warranty expired this passed March and I can't afford to get it fixed.

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 5 (9,286 Views)

Re: My laptop randomly goes into sleep mode

Help us help you. What model computer is it? I had a similar problem with a Lenovo Thinkpad. I tried cleaning out the processor fan and putting new thermal compound between heatsink and processor. I concluded it is not heat, but it is a problem with the cpu or motherboard sensors. At the end of the day I was not able to solve the problem other than to conclude there was no easy fix.

Top Student
tonix3
Message 3 of 5 (9,259 Views)

Hi! I totally forgot that I had posted on here several days ago because of the fact that I put a new anti virus on my computer and the sleep mode problem didn't happen after I removed hazardous files on my computer. But today my laptop has been going on sleep mode randomly a lot. During this whole post, it has gone on sleep mode about 4 times. But all I know about my computer is that its a HP G60, I got it March 2009 if that makes a difference. My warranty has already expired and it sucks because I haven't had a problem with it until now.

Master's Graduate
AU4U
Message 4 of 5 (9,253 Views)

[ Edited ]

"I put a new anti virus on my computer and the sleep mode problem didn't happen after I removed hazardous files on my computer."

Go to any good anti Virus removal forum, SpyBot S&D, Bleeping Computer, others, and start a thread.

They probably will want you to run a DDS log, ERUNT, follow there instructions!

The forum Volunteers that assist you on these sites are busy and it may take up to 3 days for them to start your thread, have patience, they will help.

You may have inadvertently removed/modified part of your operating system (keylogger/screencapture) when removing the malware.

Do not just rely on a recovery point!

Hope you have recovery disks made, and/or a mirror image.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

> Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
> See a great post? Click on the white star and give it a Kudos!

Student
YasinEmre
Message 5 of 5 (9,014 Views)

I've the same problem. Did you solve that ?

I'm using G62-B16ST.. I purchased it about 3 weeks ago. But only be able to use it over 6 days.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation