Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi. My laptop also did not start up and removing the battery worked. But now I am wondering if I can insert the battery again? What should I do with the battery?
HP Recommended
My laptop were also not starting and I removed the battery and then it started. Now I do not know what to do with the battery. Can I insert it again or what should I do with it?
HP Recommended

Hello everyopne!

I had the same problem listed below with HP g7.

@islandboy wrote:

Hello a few days ago my hp dv6 laptop would seem to turn on (fans spin, harddrive spins, cd rom turns on, led's would turn on but nothing on the screen just a blank. No beep codes or capslock/numlock codes, I tried all the seggestions. Hardreset, new ram, cmos battery taken out, ect.

I finaly just left my laptop on with a blank screen for 4 hours, then turned it off holding the power button. Then turned back on by pressing power button and everything started up perfect, but if I closed the lid it would not start again unless i left it trying to turn on for another 4 hours.

So When I left it again running for 4 hours and turned it off and back on, I went to the hp website entered my laptop model and found a new bio's driver. I flashed the new bio's (was very easy) and now it is working flawless.

Sorted out the same way by chosing apropriate BIOS update!

Thank you for sharing this information!

Regards,

100yan

HP Recommended
I am having the same issue with my daughters HP...we took battery out, waited 5 min, held button for 30 sec...all that stuff...still no luck...when battery is out the light on side turns white but no power...when battery is in, the light turns white for 2 secs then stays orange, but does not turn on...help...it is only 6 months old
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the help everone! I found this thread after my laptop wouldn't turn on, even with a new power supply (it was breaking anyway, so no big deal to buy a new one). I took the battery out for 10 minutes AND pushed the power button for 30 seconds...plugged it back in and voila! I think in my case it really was beyond dead - I had let it die (power wise) multiple times and this time it just wouldn't come back on. 

Anyway thank you, thank you, thank you. I didnt have things backed up (stupid) so you guys saved me ~$125.00 in recovery costs. 

🙂

HP Recommended
What if my battery is sealed in
HP Recommended
I NEED HELP PLEASE!! My hp 2000-2a20nr Notebook PC will not turn on i even got a new battery and used another adpater and cahrger cord and my laptop doesn't even light up. I have know idea were i should take it to get fix or should i just get a new laptop.
HP Recommended

i am trying to fix a laptop for my boss i have tryed everything take the battery out, unplug the ac adaptor. I have tryed a diffrent ac adaptor and even a new battery but the laptop wont turn on or even show a light when plugged into the mains

HELP please

thanks josh

HP Recommended

I have a dv7 with beats audio that's about 3 years old. It won't turn on and I've tried every that was mentioned to try (take battery out and plug in, hold the power button). I have taken the battery out and have just left it. This is the second time that this has happened the first time all I needed to do was take the battery out. Is there anything I can do or is my Hp dv7 dead?

HP Recommended
Thx for all the help. I THINK my daughters computer is fine...fingers crossed.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.