Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello ikhmatz,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are unable to turn on your Toshiba Laptop and require assistance. I would recommend that you re-post this on the Toshiba Forums as OEM computers are designed to meet the specific requirements of the OEM they will know best how to assist you.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great weekend!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hello everyone ... I registered on this forum just to post my solution to this problem if it can be of help to anyone else.

It turns out that my issue was hardware-related.

Quick background: After repairing a HP G61 with a dead fan, I was re-assembling the unit, but completely forgot to attach the switch cover ribbon cable to the motherboard.

Only I didn't realize that was the problem while I was frantically trying to figure out why the system wouldn't re-start ...! :Wink:

So, after several hours of googling the error and then trying the suggestions posted to this forum thread, I had to accept that this was likely a hardware issue and that I would have to take the laptop apart again.

I thought about the issue carefully before I started unscrewing everything again and concluded that if the power switch wasn't working, it had to probably be related to the switch cover.

I hoped that's all it was and my faith was rewarded because there it was, the disconnected ribbon cable happily flapping between the switch cover and the mobo. All it took was to slide it back in.

switch-cover.jpg

I suppose it could've been worse! :TongueOut:

Anyway, I hope this helps someone out there ... Cheers!

- Greg

HP Recommended
Hello. I really need help. My laptop is pavilion g4. I was trying to power it on but the led light just blinks 3 times and after that nothing happens. I tried the tricks posted here but no luck. My uncle checked it and said the motherboard is damaged (left part is a bit burned). Can I still have it repaired? And how much will it cost? Laptop was bought last yr, warranty is expired. Please please help me. Thanks.
HP Recommended

Hello chaolyn,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that your computer is not starting and that there is an area where there is burnt material and you are looking for repair and pricing of the repair. I think it would be best if you contact HP Technical Support for repair options.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
Yes, my laptop has the same problem. I've tried everything. I even bought a new power cord but still nothing. What should I do? Please help.
HP Recommended

Hello AwkwardHobbit,

You state you have the same problem. The same problem as who there are numerous posts on this thread not all the issues are the same. If you could elaborate on what your issue is I would be happy to assist you. As well I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number I can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello a few days ago my hp dv6 laptop would seem to turn on (fans spin, harddrive spins, cd rom turns on, led's would turn on but nothing on the screen just a blank. No beep codes or capslock/numlock codes, I tried all the seggestions. Hardreset, new ram, cmos battery taken out, ect.

I finaly just left my laptop on with a blank screen for 4 hours, then turned it off holding the power button. Then turned back on by pressing power button and everything started up perfect, but if I closed the lid it would not start again unless i left it trying to turn on for another 4 hours.

So When I left it again running for 4 hours and turned it off and back on, I went to the hp website entered my laptop model and found a new bio's driver. I flashed the new bio's (was very easy) and now it is working flawless.

HP Recommended
I wish you could also help me. I used my laptop on saturday night and properly shut it down. on sunday, I tried to power on but nothing happened. it isnt charging and no lights even flash. my ac adapter is okay coz its working fine in another laptop. My laptop is a hp pavillion 15 notebook. please help
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC
Product number F9H60UA#ABA
Windows 8
HP Recommended
same problem here, when i press power button. White light blinking and not power on. On battery and without battery not powering on. I checked another battery and it on. Bt not charging? Is it charging ic problem?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.