Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey,

My laptop HP dv2700tse had been working fine for an year without any problems. But recently it started giving me an error message with a blue screen as follows :

*** Hardware MalfunctionCall your hardware vendor for supportNMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error*** The system has halted ***

Before the above error occurred to me, I got a blurred screen that was split into 6 or more smaller screens. I am able to login to Windows, but can barely see anything there as theere are 6 screens that it is split up into & everything is very blurred.

Can anybody please tell me the cause & remedy for this.

I've tried refitting the entire laptop(Opened, removed a RAM & tried again with the help of a Service Engineer) and it worked fine for an hour.

But after that I got the blue screen again. 

The laptop is out of warranty & I'm afraid of the cost it might take to get it fixed.

Thanks in advance

Nash 

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended
If it were just the memory modules it would be an easy fix (new memory) but I fear the memory controller on the motherboard or the video memory is bad. Can you try different memory modules?
HP Recommended

Hey,

Memory module means RAM rightt ? If its just prob with RAM then I am ok with replacing it. But how do I know if the problem arose boz of RAM

What if it was with the memory controller on the motherboard or Video memory ?

How can I narrow it down to know where exactly it occurred ?

Thanks for your response.

I really appreciate it

Thanks

Nash

HP Recommended
If you put in different RAM (memory) modules, known good, and still get the same error it is either video memory or the memory controller on the motherboard. As a practical matter either of those issues requires a new motherboard.
HP Recommended
Thank you so much for your immediate response. I will check with a service engineer. If my luck favours I'll end up with a new RAM or else a new motherboard 😞
HP Recommended
I am having this same problem.  My screen will have a purple tint to it and then crash and when I reboot, the screen is split more than 6 ways and the screen is blurry.  I have tried reseating the memory, using different memory modules and I have still had no success.  Any ideas?
HP Recommended
I have an HP dv2600 Pavilion.
HP Recommended

I have DV 2750 EA Pavillion and have the same problem.

its about 2 years old now and i never got this error before. About a week or so back, I started getting the BSOD with

NMI Error : Memory Parity Error

Hardware Malfunction

The system has halted

nvdklm....sys error

I can't remember the complete name of the sys file. I can get it if someone wants to know. I know it is related to the NVidia driver. Read ON:

I have tried to update and roll-back my video drivers (NVidia 8400 GE), no luck

System recovery to factory defaults (rebuilds the whole system with older drivers, default software etc...) 3 times now, no luck.

While running system recovery - it gives me the same error and shuts down.

On restarting it will come up with the screen divided into 6 parts (all with the same display - complete desktop). Before the error comes, the screen turns purple and jams for a second or two.

I'm yet to try fiddling with the RAM modules, not sure if its worth the effort though.

Can someone please come up with a solution to this. I have spent hours and hours looking for solutions in Google, NVidia, HP forums.

My laptop's warranty expired a couple of months back - I am so pissed at myself for not renewing it then.

Can someone please help me ?? It'll be really appreciated !! Thanks in Advance,

Monal

HP Recommended

I get "Hardware Error/RAM Parity The System Has Halted," etc. sort of thing. I have a touchscreen (good to note from what I've heard) HP TouchSmart IQ775 from roughly 5-ish years ago and I would every once in a while get a blue screen starting about 8-ish months ago. But now I get it every other day it seems and it's getting worse every day. So, I've heard that it could just be dust clogging the system and overheating it (because I noticed the graphics card (being on board) was running at about 165F standard which scares me still). I opened it up and to my dismay, it was SPOTLESS.  Now my only other solution is to resort the the HP forums! Great fun right? Anyway, I could REALLY use some help on this seeing that a motherboard for this old thing is NOT cheap. RAM isnt a problem though if that is the case (I have roughly 40 sticks of RAM ranging from 512Mb to 2Gig sticks). Any help is GREATLY appreciated. 😄

HP Recommended

Hey,

My laptop HP dv2700tse had been working fine for an year without any problems. But recently it started giving me an error message with a blue screen as follows :

*** Hardware MalfunctionCall your hardware vendor for supportNMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error*** The system has halted ***

after blue screen it will shuting down..!!! ,my laptop HP Compaq nx1620 model  how can I fix it these problem? please answer me so that I can fix my laptop.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.