Re: NO DISPLAY (46 Views)
Tutor
risah
Message 1 of 9 (82 Views)

NO DISPLAY

im have a hp 630 laptop it is no display and caps lock light is blinking  one by one . this laptop had a key board issu and i put a new keybard but now it is no display , cooling fan is working fast what is the soluition !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????

zaid
Master's Graduate
finder070
Message 2 of 9 (68 Views)

Re: NO DISPLAY

Hi

as you said when you power up the cup the cooling fan running fast.. and its not showing display.

do one thing.. check your RAM Module... if it had 2 ram installed try checking one by one.

ram is faulty..

if its not resolving issue. kindly let me know..

**Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
**Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**
Tutor
risah
Message 3 of 9 (63 Views)

i chang the ram slot but same thing hapens 

zaid
Master's Graduate
finder070
Message 4 of 9 (58 Views)

HI

you have one ram installed in your sytem or 2 ram installed in it..

if you have 2 rams installed then check one by one.

or rub the golden pings from your thumb they would be getting carbon...

if your rams are in warrenty then change it under warrenty

kindly let me know the results..

hope ti helps

**Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
**Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**
Tutor
risah
Message 5 of 9 (56 Views)

i have done all this things but it 's notworking and i chang a new ram also .now i dont have warranty for this laptop .
zaid
Teacher
ChangyUK
Message 6 of 9 (53 Views)

How many blinks of the caps lock LED are you getting?

1 = CPU fault

2 = BIOS corruption

3 = Memory

4 = Graphics

5 = Motherboard

6 = BIOS authentication

I just found a link to show more details CAPS lock LED fault codes

Tutor
risah
Message 7 of 9 (49 Views)

continually it come
zaid
Teacher
ChangyUK
Message 8 of 9 (47 Views)

You mean it is permanently on? Are you sure it doesn't flash in bursts, 1 2 3 or 4 times for example?

Teacher
ChangyUK
Message 9 of 9 (46 Views)

Please can you supply some more information?

What made you determine a keyboard fault, was it not typing certain characters, or not working at all?

You say the fan is running fast, is the air coming from the vent also very hot? I have just repaired a DV5-1012ea with a similar fault and it was the misalignment of the cooling fan/heatsink.

It all seems to be functioning but the display is bank? Is there any backlight at all? Have you tried connecting an external monitor to see if that displays anything?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation