NX9105 - Dead laptop - No power light (3996 Views)
Student
Doctor_Keo
Message 1 of 3 (3,996 Views)

NX9105 - Dead laptop - No power light

The HP NX9105 is dead. When I connect the power lead, the charge light doesn’t light. If I press the on button the power light flashes 3 times. I have checked the charger it shows 18.7 volts. I have also tried re-seating both memory chips, connecting the power lead without the CD and the hard disk. I have left the laptop “on charge” – no light on laptop. Then tried booting up just from battery, on pressing the power button I get 3 flashes from the power light. – Any suggestions? Thanks -Dockor_Keo
Student
crush123
Message 2 of 3 (3,804 Views)

Re: NX9105 - Dead laptop - No power light

dont know if this helps, but this model is notorious for a bad dc power connection.

if you are sure the power supply is ok, try wiggling the dc input connector about a bit.

My machine had this very problem, it would start to charge and then stop charging for no apparent reason.

in the end i bought a docking station to try and get more life out of it

My machine recently died so I bought a dell instead.

Teacher
Tech_Head
Message 3 of 3 (3,789 Views)

Re: NX9105 - Dead laptop - No power light

The three blinks from the charge light indicates that the battery is dead.  I would highly suspect that what crush123 described seems to be the case. This seems to be the case seeing as how the computer is unable to be powered with the AC adapter only. 
Caveat: I will try to help... I don't know everything...but I try my hardest!!!

Please give kudos if I helped, and mark it as solved if I fixed you...or your problem...:smileyvery-happy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation