Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Yes, already tried It but same problem

Tried manual instalo also, still drivers do not load
HP Recommended

So i go this fixed.   

I bought another 840 G2 laptop.

Boot it up with windows 7 and copied the drivers off of it.

The NXP driver is from 1-2015, which is not avaiblable on the hp website.

I backuped all of the drivers from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\UMDF 

Then i reimaged the laptop, installed the sp71250.exe which fails.  Then i copy over the backup files.  reboot and it works. 

I have a script that does this if some one has a place for me to upload it.

HP Recommended
My mistake.

I have not tried sp72075, what I used was sp71250. I will try it later today and post results here.

I have windows 8.1 installed, and saw this driver supports Windows 10. Suppose it supports both OS

Regards
HP Recommended

NxpNfpProvider_Win7 and NxpNfpProvider_Win8

DriverVer=01/27/2015,7.7.2.0

nxp2.JPGnxp.JPG

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Problem solved with sp72075

NXP Driver.png

HP Recommended

Ran into this problem as well.  Tried to get the SP72075 installer from HP's FTP site, but the executable appears to be corrupt.  Found that the newer SP72457 installer for Windows 10 actually works for Windows 7 and probably Windows 8 as well.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72457.exe

The driver info:

Driver Date: 1/27/2015

Driver Version: 7.7.2.0

HP Recommended

I can confirm that SP72075 works well and fixes the problem on Windows 7. HP, can we please have this published in SoftPaq and SSM for the 840 G2. Our corporation has 100s of these and it is not practical to manually install 1 by 1. Thanks for the consideration

HP Recommended

You can find the sp72075 and sp72457 through SoftPaq Download Manager. You need to go to configuration then OS option and then check Windows 10 64bit.

NFC.JPG

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I understand, but when I run SSM these don't apply to my Windows 7 laptops. There has to be an updated .cva file that will look for them. It would be nice for HP to release those and make them official compatible with Win7. If not, can I please get some indication of what I need to change in the cva file so that when I run SSM they will apply to Win7.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You need to call HP support team and create a case then have them to elevate the case. HP can makes change from back end.

I am an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.