Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Really strange!

Whether or not one needs to install a prerequisite software or driver pack, that I do not know.

I'll leave you with a list of all the NXP proximity drivers there are.  Maybe you will stumble upon one that works.

I noticed there are a couple listed NXP driver package vice simply NXP driver.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/search/?spf_p.tpst=kbSearchMain&s...

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue building a Windows 7 driver package for the Elitebook Folio 1040 G1.  ACPI/NXP6022 and 6100 are showing as unknown devices.  When I try to manually install SP65624.EXE it fails with an "Installation failed (4): Cannot install new driver (5).  Did you ever manage to resolve this issue?  If so, would you mind sharing your solution.

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Have you resolved this I am experiancing the exact same thing. Company image, HP Provided driver pack, two uknown devices. Once of which is searchable and installable via windows update the other, presumably the smartcard reader is not. When I install via WinDVD and use the driver recovery disk all drivers are installed correctly. What i need to know is what is different about the MDT image and what needs to be changed so these devices install properly.

HP Recommended

I am afraid not - we ended up not going with this model of laptop so I didn't troubleshoot any further.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.