Question

Student
dreamseller
Message 1 of 2 (249 Views)

Need help with my screen. HP Pavilion G6

My screen hasn't working properly the past few weeks, the screen would go black if it wasn't tilted in the right position, yesterday the screen wouldn't light up at all no matter what position the lid was at, I can still see the display if i shine a flashlight on the screen. My laptop is a HP Pavilion G6-2240sa. Any help on what the problem is or what I can do to fix it would be appreciated, thanks.
HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 2 (188 Views)

Re: Need help with my screen. HP Pavilion G6

Hi dreamseller, welcome to the HP Forums. There are many causes for low brightness. My main concern would be the physical component of having to tilt it in just the right way to get a display at all. This would seem like there is a short in the cable internally, or an issue with the LCD itself. Regardless, since there are many causes, I have provided many documents, one of which may hopefully recitify and remove the need to hold a flashlight to see what you are doing.

Resolving Problems with Notebook Displays (Windows 7)

Display is Dim During or After Startup or Boot

Resolving Problems with the Brightness of the Display

Display and Keyboard Dims Using the Proximity Sensor

I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation