Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Non-standard information label on case.  Label appears to be hybrid Windows Key code also including HP codes, but no code is identified (ie no s/n;p/n prefix).

Likely product codes included are:

584037-001

X16-96072

However neither of these codes are accepted on HP web-site. 

Can anyone help identify correct HP product/model code?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Might be worth checking the alternative label tags shown under sub-heading 'View additional label samples' on the page Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried to look at this ?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at f10 as soon as you press the power button to access the Bios Menu - on the first page you should see the entry for Model No. and Product No.  Either of these can be used on the HP Website.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Reply to banhien:

Yes, that's where I started, doesn't apply to this laptop!  No Standard HP labling here!

HP Recommended

Reply to DavidPK:

Sorry, can't do that, I can only work from ID codes on the laptop

(I need model code to identify screen - screen on this laptop is shattered & has NO readable display)

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you got an external display you could connect to just to get this info?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hopefully I can get my hands on one tomorrow.

Was hoping HP had included model codes on case - even if in non-standard format! 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Might be worth checking the alternative label tags shown under sub-heading 'View additional label samples' on the page Here.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Bingo DP-K!

That's got it; clue was from "sample E"

Label with model code; serial code etc is under the battery - remove the battery and information label is on the inside of the battery compartment.

Many thanks DP-K, and all who have replied 🙂

HP Recommended

hii i need to identify my model hp pavilion g6 i not can't to download driver for g series ...help Hp

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.