Question

Student
Duphorid
Message 1 of 6 (4,545 Views)

New HP Mini 110-1000, keyboard is messed up

Brand new machine.  "messed up" is the best way i can describe it... fresh out of the box running Ubuntu Mi Edition, and I observe the following strangenesses with the keyboard:

Any time i hit the "P" key, it appears to input a backspace and then a P. 

"Delete" key appears to delete and then input a "=" character

Left arrow types a "p" and then moves one char to left

Right arrows types a "0" and then moves one char to right

w...t.....?! has anyone got any ideas for how to resolve this? I've tried using different layouts to no avail...

Student
ponywriter
Message 2 of 6 (3,979 Views)

Re: New HP Mini 110-1000, keyboard is messed up

My keyboard has not worked correctly since I attached a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse.  Somehow the laptop keyboard is permanently stuck on function (fn).

This makes for incredibly slow typing - as I have to hold down the function to type anything.  Or I have to learn the function language: t6 d6 is to do

Would love a quick fix!

Or any fix for that matter.

Thx

Tutor
rangerjim9
Message 3 of 6 (3,427 Views)

Hello!

My HP Mini 1120NR started doing this after about a year of little use. Interesting how it began just after the warrenty expired.

The only way I can get it to function is to plug in an external keyboard. I refuse to pay HP another dime - these netbooks are trash.

Hope you have better luck.

Cheers! - Jim

Honor Student
MakeMineiPad
Message 4 of 6 (2,312 Views)

I've had the same problems with the keyboard.  JUST after the warranty expired.  Thank you HP for making me an iPad customer!

Student
wheezygirl
Message 5 of 6 (2,157 Views)

Mine just went kaput today. If I type the letter L, I get an L and (  . This goes for almost half of the keyboard. Every key brings an extra character. This makes  for a lot of backspacing!

Of course the warranty has just EXPIRED! I won't even fix it.....moving on to the IPad!

Tha1nk8s2 HP A! (Thanks HP! )

Honor Student
desp1a1
Message 6 of 6 (1,523 Views)

[ Edited ]

same problem. using a usb keyboard - bios upgrades, factory reset, format disk; key remap and still the problem remains, so must be hardware failure and guess what its 29 days past warranty. conclusion- hp make useless {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion}

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation