Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I Have a Pavilion G6 and dropped it so lost all , i went a purchased a new HD and install it was a simply plug in job BUT now the hard work starts.

when i turn it on all i got was no bootable device so following this thread i went ahead and purchased the recovery set of 3 CD cost £30.40.

Now when i load the CD it all starts to install OK BUT then i get __ NO HDD.... so what can i do now please help..

I am now using my Desktop to send this message as i have no access to the laptop till this is fixed....

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

It sounds like the drop damaged the motherboard and the hard drive interface no longer works. Major hardware failure.

HP Recommended
I had someone look at it for me and they said that it needs to drivers installed so that the Board will recognise the HD.

All i get when i turn it on is NO BOOTABLE device available install bootable device.. so i purchased the recovery discs but when i try and load them or my friends OS it says it can not find the drivers.

then the disc i paid for say NO HDD??....
HP Recommended

Unless you are trying to install Windows XP, which does require drivers to recognize a SATA hard drive during installation, you do not need hard drive drivers. Try tapping F10 as you power up, get into SETUP (BIOS) and try to run a hard drive test and see if the system sees the hard drive. Also be sure you are reusing all the hardware associated with the hard drive. If the old hard drive had a connector of some sort over the SATA "pins" you must use it or the hard drive will not communicate with the motherboard. 

HP Recommended

I am trying to re-install my Windows 7 64bit as i purchased the recovery discs from HP, i have ran a Hard Drive test first the quick test then the Comprehensive test and all ok??

When i replaced the HD it was like for like with a simple plug in identical so can not see how i could have gone wrong there.. so whrte do i go from here hope you can help..

HP Recommended

After doing the tests i tried to install OS again and got same message "" Application Close"" [Info] No HDD  ?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Feel I have wasted £30 buying recovery discs. Any suggestion.?

HP Recommended
Was there ever an answer to this?!
HP Recommended

Hi Giaheather,

I would be happy to assist if needed. Please let me know what is your model number and current operating system?

Here is a link that will help you find that out.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please let me know.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I'm having  HP Pavilion G4 and getting the below error. I saw your posting  regarding help. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/No-HDD/td-p/1833237

Please help me with this issue. 

Applicaiton Close [Info] No HDD

Regards

Mani

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.