Question

Student
SpeakerIssue
Message 1 of 2 (161 Views)

No Sund from my laptop Pavilion DV5

I Have two laptop HP Pavilion dv4 (FZ248EA#ABV) and HP Pavilion dv5 (NG165EA#ABV). I am using my DV4 for my office work and DV5 for my Home usage. While working on DV4 yesterday it got crash and smoke came out of it along with burning smell. As a system admin without laptop i cannot do anything in my office. I cannot loos my applications and monitoring tools installed in it b-cos this is for my daily work. So what i do I pull out the HDD from DV4 and put it my DV5. It boots up and picks up all the drivers by plug and play. But now i found there is no sound coming out from the speaker. Check all the options Device manager, IDT Audio controller and Sound from control panel. There everything is ok and drivers are also ok but no sound sound coming out. Please Help.

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 2 (137 Views)

Re: No Sund from my laptop Pavilion DV5

I think the audio chips are similar but not the same so a driver is loaded but not working right. You need to go into device manager and do an uninstall of all the drivers for the audio devices:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/246041/how_to_uninstall_drivers_in_windows.html

You have the dv5-1215ee. Do you have 32 or 64 bit Windows? If you tell me I can find you the right driver. I would also reinstall the correct chipset driver. I suspect you are running several more "near miss" drivers and your system is likely to be less than optimally configured.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation