Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
please help
HP Recommended

Hello Denno1,

You’re not able to boot into windows because of the error that you are getting.

Do a hard reset.
Turn the computer off.
Remove the power cable and the battery. Make sure that there is nothing connected to the computer.
Hold down the power button for 15 sec while booth power sources are removed.

This should reset the hardware in the computer.

As you power it back on tap the F2 key. This will load hardware diagnostics.
Run the startup test.

This will test all the hardware in the system and detect any problems.

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended
Non-system disk or disk error, replace and strike any key when ready.......PLEASE HELP!
HP Recommended

Hello su31699.

Have you run a diagnostic on your hard drive?  Here are the steps.  

What is the product number for your notebook?  This document can show you where it is located.  

Have a wonderful day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hi there ,

I got this problem with my laptop , after my HDD failed

I changed the HDD with a new one , after i've runned the diagnostics , all of them were passed

Then i wanted to instal the windows but when i've inserted the cd in the CD-ROM , it does not want to read it.

I changed in bios to CD-ROM first but it does not want to read . I put another cd with other windows , but the same problem.

Now i don't know what to do.. 😞

I got a Compaq 610.

Thanks for help

HP Recommended

look for operating system in disk then restart and press f9 thn launch optical disk drive and follow steps

HP Recommended

This is the solution that worked for me .

( Before you get started rubbing your bare hands with your computer chassis to absorb a similar load to avoid this short Electrostatic that could damage the components)

1: You'll have to turn off your computer and disconnect it from the electrical outlet.
2: I 'll open to see the motherboard (this may vary depending on the design of your computer).
3 : Once you can see the motherboard , locate the bios battery and remove it carefully, this is equal to that of a wristwatch but bigger.
4: Find the jumper to reset the entire system BIOS must be Missoni you removed the battery , (remember that just as you do not drop it off , wait 10 to 15 seconds and re-insert in the same position in the one you took it and reinsert the battery.
5 : reseals all and connect again , these steps will help you reset any bios configuration error .

This solution worked for me to detect the HDD, as it was a hardware environment configuration error , but no good if your hard drive is already damaged at all, if it's so you'll have to remplasarlo other. If it works you'll just have to reset the clock and date .

SHALOM ! !

HP Recommended

is there anyone that does know how fix this problem???????????

HP Recommended

I had the excact same issue. I sorted it out by resetting the bios to default settings and voila the system was able to read or the drives. I the did a disk check and all my data was intact.

HP Recommended
How to fix it?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.