Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

What is normal temperature for my laptop :

HP G42 (Intel I3-380M, 2.53Hz), Intel HD Series

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
For the CPU something in the 50s when idle and the 80s under heavy load. Celsius.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
For the CPU something in the 50s when idle and the 80s under heavy load. Celsius.
HP Recommended

what about, 40 c (start), 50-60 c  (when idle) and 80- 90 c (heavy load), tested by RealTemp software? is that not problem for cpu? if to hot, what is the best solution for cooling my cpu, change cooler or something? thanks

HP Recommended

The numbers you describe are high but not deadly high.

Here are some online tips:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/keep-laptop-cool-172740363.html

These suggestions are very generic. Try bending out a paperclip and sticking it in the grille to hold the blades. Then blow in some strong compressed air and see if dust flies out. If none of this works, it might help to open the laptop and manually clean out the fan area and reseat the fan/heatsink with new thermal paste. Post back if you want specific instructions on that. If the fan spins faster as the heat increases and then slows down as it cools off and makes no grinding or other weird noise it is probably OK.

HP Recommended

I was opened my own laptops and added thermal paste again, fan is working fine and spins faster when heat increased, is it indicated my cpu not stable anymore?

HP Recommended

A bad CPU can get hot but it would be way hotter. No, I think you are just seeing that the first generation of i3 processors tended to run a bit warm. You should pay attention to the temperatures but if they stay where they are, you are not damaging anything. A laptop coller may help although not my favorite solution. Keep the rear elevated and allow air to circulate.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.