Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

CPU-Z is not providing those details. I tried using it before posting/registering here in first place...

I installed 3 minutes ago Everest...

His reprots says:

HDD inside is SATA-2 with 16MB cache

Controler is Intel NM10 ICH - AHCI SATA Controller

Hopefully other suport guy was wrong and truly this is Revision 2.0.

Thank you for your help. 🙂

HP Recommended

I have a dv2500t (GN169AV) and would like to upgrade the CPU from a T7500 Merom to a T9300 Penryn.  Is this possible?

No Penryn CPUs are listed in the parts list for this system.  However, people report success with this upgrade on systems by other manufacturers.  The 965GM chipset in the dv2500t supports both Merom and Penryn processors.

Thank you

Update:  Looks like this will work.  The T9300 is listed as a repair part in the dv2500 Maintenance and Service guide.  The T9300 is used in the dv2500tv/tw and the bios is identical to the dv2500t.  (Same name--F.2E--and same download file--sp41959.exe.

HP Recommended

It's about that time to do a couple upgrades on my current laptop to get it ready for school.

Current specs:

G62-224CA

XB061UA#ABC

BIOS - F.29 04/07/2011

AMD Athlon II P320 (dual core 25w tdp)

System Board: 1444 69.37

Chipset: AMD 785GX Rev. 00

Southbridge: AMD SB800

Planned upgrades:

AMD Phenom II N930 or N970 (quad core 35w tdp)

I checked the user manual located here however I did not see anything for the AMD 785GX chipset, even though I do see the Athlon II P320 on the list of CPUs.

I've done all my research, and have seen individuals go from the Sempron V120 to the Phenom II N620 without any issues whatsoever. I'd just like to know if I can go from the Athlon II P320 to the Phenom II N930 (or the fastest available AMD processor that's compatible)

Would be grateful if someone knowledgeable could chime in, since I called HP and was given a simple "no, HP laptops do not support CPU swaps", which is obviously false given that it has been done successfully with other processors. And it also seems like not many people have experience with the 785GX chipset given that the manual doesn't even have it listed for some reason, though the P320 is listed.

Cheers,

Andrew

HP Recommended

MY System has amd turionx2 with ATI radeon graphics 2gb ram 250gb harddisk 

I   want to upgrade mysystem?

suggest to  me?

HP Recommended

Hello,

My laptop Compaq presario v5000:

p/n: EZ431UA#ABA

s/n: [Personal Information Removed]

It's Intel Celeron M 410 processor and 512 Mb RAM. I would like to upgrade these two components.

I was trying to get know what is mother board using CPU-Z and Everest and these two programmes shows different chipsets. 

In Everest:

Intel Calistoga i945GM/PM

The main board model is unknown

In CPU-Z:

Intel i943/940GML

The main board: HP 30A8 56.48

but graphics is on Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family

So which information is true? It depends what processor I can put in.

What is the best processor I can use?

HP Recommended

cpu upgraden (I5 of i7) op motherboard HP 3624

HP Recommended

good morning to all.

(translated from: google.traslate)

I have a problem ... I have to change the processor in my laptop.
But I do not know which would fit (except of course a twin of the one I had)

Could it be that since they are no longer under warranty, there is no way to get the technical data of my laptop?

My computer is an HP Pavilion DV7 1199EL which was equipped with a Intel Core Duo T9400 2.53 GHz .. but other-sheet tells me.

who is kind enough to help me.
greetings from 96

HP Recommended
Dear expert ,
would you please help me, as the hp povillion tx1000 got the problem with its video card , please give your suggestion that what should i do do for best action , if must replace the board wha t is the replacement and the amount or give your best...please [;ease\\\
habibst
HP Recommended

I don't know if this will help.  I had a tx2120us that died because of an nVidia failure because of heat.  I was able to get it "reballed" (resoldered) and had additional copper shims installed and it has been working fine since.  Avon PC Pitstop in Avon New York did mine and one DV9000 twice and it is now working fine.  These computers tended to overheat because of the poor design.  If you need to replace the motherboard check first on YouTube as there are many videos about how to repair specific models showing complete disassembly and repair.  I've been amazed at the information available there.  Laptops used to be too expensive to get parts to repair them, but no more.  I've replaced screens and entire cases for a whole lot less than buying a replacement unit.  I hope this helps.

HP Pavilion tx2120us running Win7 Ultimate
System Admin and Analyst
HP Recommended

Hello, I just want to ask if there is a slot for SSD in HP ENVY 4-1055tx model. I know the 1054tx have a solid state drive so i was wondering if i can put msata in 1055tx.thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.