Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

did not work the processor in the hp was not possible to remove so let it be and upgraded the ram

HP Recommended

Morning

When upgraging the memory it is always better to make sure that the speed of the new memory matches the speed of the memory already in the machine. If you are unsure of the speed of the memory already in the machine you can run "wmic memorychip" from a command prompt in Windows and it will give you the part code and most of the time the speed of the memory (eg 1066, 1333).

Once you have this you can have a look on partsurfer  http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

Input your machines serial number in the search field and that will give you a list of parts you can purchase.

Another thing to remember is when you go above 4GB you will need a 64bit version of your chosen Operating System

HP Recommended

Hi,
I have the HP 625 WT165EA model with:
CPU: AMD Single Core V140/2.3GHz/3200Mhz FSB;
Memory: 2Gb DDR3 ram; (upgraded to 2Gb+4Gb=6Gb)
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard/Model: 1475;
Chipset: AMD 785GX;
Graphics: AMD 4200HD;

Can you help me about upgrading my processor, what processor I can use what I can't. Is it possible to use the AMD Phenom™ II Quad-Core Mobile Processor P920 on 1.6Ghz (but better AMD Phenom ™ II Quad-Core Mobile Processor N970 on 2.2Ghz - 35W) or not.

In the Maintenance and Service Guide on page 68 are variants of processors. The maximum possible - AMD Phenom II Champlain P820 25W (Triple-Core Mobile Processor). But did not specify which version of the BIOS this document relates. Now the BIOS on my laptop upgraded to 68DVA F.21. Is it possible to exactly say - what processors are supported in this version of the BIOS (as I understand the motherboard chipset supports these processors by default).

AMD Phenom ™ II Quad-Core Mobile Processors P920 (25W) and AMD Phenom II Champlain P820 (25W) and AMD Phenom ™ II Quad-Core Mobile Processor N970 on 2.2Ghz (35W) based on the same core - Champlayn.

HP Recommended

The following CPUs are the only CPUs lab tested by HP that are optional and  compatible with your notebook's systemboard. Using any other CPU is taking a financial gamble. Install the latest BIOS version  to ensure that the CPU support is present.

HP isn't going to provide details of the CPU and memory tables present in the BIOS as would be expected  of  an enthusiast motherboard manufacturer. Mainstream notebooks just aren't  designed nor meant to be upgraded in the manner that enthusiast grade PCs are.

compat cpus.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, i have an hp pavilion dv6-6150sl. i would like to increase the ram memory. i'd alike to add an 8GB card to 4GB pre-installed ram. i wanted to know which ram i have to buy e where i buy it. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi, i have an HP Pavilion dv6-6150sl and i would like to add a 8GB ram card to 4GB pre-installed ram. i wanted to know which ram i have to buy and where buy it. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi aleflami:

Please see my reply to your  previous post click here.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi!

I would like to upgrade my laptop hardware, but don't know what exactly motherbord supports. Maybe someone can tell where to find CPU and RAM full support list or just post here? By the way, how the BIOS update can affect CPU choice?

HP Pavilion DV6617en

Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2310 1,46GHz

Motherboard Quanta 30D2

Bios F.59

HP Recommended

I have a HP ENVY 15 15-3040NR Intel Core i7 2670QM (2.20GHz) 8GB Memory 750GB HDD 15.6" Notebook and I want to replace the hard drive with a solid state hard drive. If I buy an Intel 530 Series 240GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) will it improve my computer performance since I'm going down from 750GB to 240 GB? Thanks, James

HP Recommended

Greetings!

For 2 years im happy user of HP dv6-6030ew with i5 2410M processor. I'm going to change my current CPU for something better. According to the service manual i can use i7 2720 or 2630 which were released on February 2011.

In the meanwhile there was a BIOS update (but  idk if it added CPU supported). I'm curious if i can use other Sandy Bridge (2nd Gen) i7 which were realesed after my laptop relase, which werent  mentioned in the manual, like i7 2670, 2740 or 2820? Is there any way to use these CPUs?

Looking forward to eharing from You.

Regards!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.