Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, could anyone tell me the maximum I can upgrade this laptop too?  I want to replace the processor, the ram, the video card, the hard drive to the maximum the motherboard can handle.  It is an older laptop:

HP HDX X16-1140US Premium Notebook PC

I can't seem to find the motherboard specifics anywhere.  Thanks in advance!
HP Recommended
Hi Andrew

Were you able to upgrade your cpu based on the 785gx chipset to Phenom II after all? I'm having the same question based on the Hp Dv5 2000 serier laptop with 785gx North chipset and SB800 on south chipet. please chime any advice if anyone have done this cpu upgraded and what cpu you get upgraded.
HP Recommended
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_tit...
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello. Can i upgrade my HP Pavilion 17 e054sr from 8GB (4&4) to 16GB (8&8) RAM?

HP Recommended

@Bagins wrote:

Greetings!

For 2 years im happy user of HP dv6-6030ew with i5 2410M processor. I'm going to change my current CPU for something better. According to the service manual i can use i7 2720 or 2630 which were released on February 2011. The CPUs listed in the Maintenence & Service guide are the only ones that have BIOS support. So the answer is yes. Those CPUs are viable options. 

In the meanwhile there was a BIOS update (but  idk if it added CPU supported). I'm curious if i can use other Sandy Bridge (2nd Gen) i7 which were realesed after my laptop relase, which werent  mentioned in the manual, like i7 2670, 2740 or 2820? Is there any way to use these CPUs? There is no BIOS support for the  i1-2620QM or the i7-2740QM. The i7-2820QM is supported.

Looking forward to eharing from You.

Regards!

supported.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@Santolege wrote:

Hello. Can i upgrade my HP Pavilion 17 e054sr from 8GB (4&4) to 16GB (8&8) RAM?

Yes. The maximum supported memory for your notebook is 16GB.

Make certain that you only purchase guaranteed compatible memory modules that are made by a well known manufacturer and vendor. Do a Google or Bing online search to find compatible memory modules.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for answer.

HP Recommended

@Santolege wrote:

Thanks for answer.

You're welcome.  🙂  

HP Recommended

Hi Dear Customer,

You may not be able to replace the processor, the video card and the hard drive.

For Ram, you could upgrade up to 8 GB DDR2, the HDD 500G is maximum the motherboard can handle.

thanks,

MineralJohn
I work with HP
HP Recommended

I have this : HP Pavilion dv7-7121nr Entertainment Notebook

Whats the max amount of ram I can use, also is their any cpu upgrade for this?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.