Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Erico,

I am hoping you can help me. I have downloaded the Maintenance manual for my CQ60-111EM and I am a little confused as to if I can upgrade my processor so I have included a copy of my CPU-Z output. Could you advise me if I can upgrade this slowwwww Celeron 575?

Many thanks,

John

DMI
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DMI BIOS       
    vendor            Hewlett-Packard
    version            F.25
    date            09/04/2008

DMI System Information       
    manufacturer        Hewlett-Packard
    product            Compaq Presario CQ60 Notebook PC
    version            F.25
    serial            2CE84134HK
    UUID            78563412-34127856-90ABCDDE-EFAABBCC

DMI Baseboard       
    vendor            Wistron
    model            3612
    revision        09.44
    serial            2CE84134HK

DMI System Enclosure       
    manufacturer        Wistron
    chassis type        Notebook
    chassis serial        Chassis Serial Number

Processor 1            ID = 0
    Number of cores        1 (max 1)
    Number of threads    1 (max 1)
    Name            Intel Celeron M
    Codename        Merom
    Specification        Genuine Intel(R) CPU             575  @ 2.00GHz
    Package (platform ID)    Socket P (478) (0x7)
    CPUID            6.F.D
    Extended CPUID        6.F
    Core Stepping        M0
    Technology        65 nm
    Core Speed        1995.1 MHz
    Multiplier x FSB    12.0 x 166.3 MHz
    Rated Bus speed        665.0 MHz
    Stock frequency        2000 MHz
    Instructions sets    MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T
    L1 Data cache        32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
    L1 Instruction cache    32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
    L2 cache        1024 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64-byte line size
    FID/VID Control        no

Chipset
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northbridge            Intel GL40 rev. 07
Southbridge            Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) rev. 03
Memory Type            DDR2
Memory Size            3072 MBytes
Channels            Dual, (Symmetric)
Memory Frequency        332.5 MHz (1:2)
CAS# latency (CL)        5.0
RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD)    5
RAS# Precharge (tRP)        5
Cycle Time (tRAS)        15
MCHBAR I/O Base address        0x0FED10000
MCHBAR I/O Size            4096

Many thanks for any help.

Message Edited by Lennon on 11-16-2009 02:53 AM
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for posting the data. Most people are not quite are thorogh as yourself. 🙂

Yes, you can upgrade it. The fastest compatible, BIOS supported Core2 Duo for your laptop is the Intel Core2 Duo T9400 @2.53 GHZ processor.   Look on page 36 of the manual in the sequential part number listing. There are two other CPU's listed there that are also compatible with your laptop chipset and BIOS.

regards,

erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Any help on finding the HP G71 service manual? I emailed customer care and they pointed me to the G60/CQ60 manual.
HP Recommended

Hi,

How about a bit more information on your laptop. Please read this web document  on identifying your product. Post the information here in the thread.

regards.
erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help Erico. Much appreciated! :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended
I too have the wistron 3612 (HP-G60-458DX ) the upgrade to the t9400 would seem compatable what about memory? the specs show 1066mhz (current at 800) and how much will the wistron board take, I would like to bump it to 8 with 2 4gb modules?
HP Recommended

Hi cpq,

@cpq-new wrote:
I too have the wistron 3612 (HP-G60-458DX ) the upgrade to the t9400 would seem compatable what about memory? the specs show 1066mhz (current at 800) and how much will the wistron board take, I would like to bump it to 8 with 2 4gb modules?

From the online research I have done and considering what HP has listed in the specsI will have to say 4GB. I have not read any blog or article where anyone has successfully put the 4GB memory modules in an HP-G60-458DX and had success.

regards,

erico 

HP Recommended
Ok, i thought as much...are there available links to the actual system board specifications beyond HP's? I have found all the internal documentation, but would like more re. upgrading
HP Recommended

Hi cpq,

@cpq-new wrote:
Ok, i thought as much...are there available links to the actual system board specifications beyond HP's? I have found all the internal documentation, but would like more re. upgrading

Not really. Specs beyond what HP gives are quite difficult to find. At the Wistron website I found zero documentation available.You are quite limited as to what you can upgarde on this one. A better CPU is about the best it will get.

Now, if we were talking desktop mainboards....that is a different story. 🙂

regards,

erico 

HP Recommended

You might try determining the chipset your system uses, then checking their website.  Intel have spec sheets for all their chipsets online e.g.

http://www.intel.com/Products/Notebook/Chipsets/945PM/945PM-overview.htm

which is the chipset on the nw9440 mobile workstation.  Not always completely reliable but it might help . . .

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.