Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@redshoot99 wrote:

Hi

I have been looking for a suitable HDD upgrade for my HP 530.

I guess my questions are

Any other advice . . . .

many thanks

Hi,
A BIOS update is not necessary.
Post the model name and product number of your HP product.
For most OSes hold the CTRL and ALT keys and tap the S key 
I need the info to find out what the configuration of your laptop is.
regards,
erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
What is the reason for the 120GB limitation on laptop IDE HDsBest Buy offers Western Digital drives in 160GB, 250GB and 320BG capacitiesI have been looking for a suitable drive and an external enclosure in order to transfer the contents of my Presario M2000's 60GB IDE drive to a larger (as large as practical) drive and notice that some of the enclosure specs state a drive size limitation while others don't.
HP Recommended

i have a g60-213em and am looking at cpu upgrades i had narrowed down my list to T5800/T5900/T7250 but would be good to know all the options i can consider b4 i make my final choice.

if you could tell me which cpu i could use it would be great...

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation as Venkavis was. I've got a c793VU with a Celeron cpu, which I am looking to upgrade. I found it has a socket P connection and I found the (general) C700 manual, with a list of cpu's. 

So, basically my question is; are all these cpu's compatible with all c700's (including mine)?

Thanks

Pat

Message Edited by Pretpik on 10-06-2009 03:03 AM
HP Recommended

Iwant to know the maximum ram of Compaq CQ40-308Tu can handle, currentlly i use 2 slot (by 2 Gb SODIMM each),

Thanks

HP Recommended
Thank you for an excellent FAQ page.   Regarding item 6 (changing 2.5" HD),  I replaced the 120GB SATA drive with a Seagate 320 GB 5400rpm SATA drive.  It works fine but........very occasionlly the hard drive will hang (no activity light) for 20-30 seconds and then resume working.  Is this what you were refering to?  Is there anything, short of replacing the HD with a smaller one, that I can do to eliminate this annoying problem?  I have a dv 9000Z (AMD chipset) using Vista.  I am quite sure that this problem is not a software issue.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to reply so late. I will take a look and let you know which ones will work. 

regards,

erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

There are only two CPU's as compatible replacement processors for your laptop:

Intel Mobile Celeron processor T1600 - 1.66GHz (667MHz front side bus, 1MB total Level-2 cache, Socket Micro-FCPGA, 35W TDP, 65nm)

Intel Celeron Dual-Core Mobile processor T1600 - 1.66GHz (Merom-2M, 667MHz front side bus, 1MB total Level-2 cache, Micro-FCPGA socket, 35W TDP, 65nm)  

regards,

erico 

HP Recommended

Hi,

@S_omeone4us wrote:

Iwant to know the maximum ram of Compaq CQ40-308Tu can handle, currentlly i use 2 slot (by 2 Gb SODIMM each),

Thanks

Standard memory 2048 MB
Memory DDR2 800MHz
Memory layout (1 x 2048 MB)
Maximum memory  Supports up to 8 GB DDR2 memory

here is the link to the specs on your laptop. 

regards,

erico 

Message Edited by erico on 10-15-2009 02:24 PM

HP Recommended

Hi,

You should probably head on over to the Seagate support web page and use their troubleshooting utilities. I would recommend browsng there to see if your particular hard disk needs a firmware update.

regards,

erico 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.